It was ‘mixed emotions’ for Mourinho as Lloris returns for Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur head coach Jose Mourinho admitted the return of captain Hugo Lloris was full of mixed emotions.
The Frenchman started their 2-1 victory over Norwich City after the boss decided to include him earlier than expected after a long injury lay-off.
The World Cup winner damaged ligaments in his elbow in a 3-0 defeat at Brighton back in October and has been sidelined ever since.
But making that decision did mean Mourinho had to drop Paulo Gazzaniga to the bench.
"The return of Hugo is mixed emotions for me. It's happiness to see one of the best goalkeepers in the world to be back.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a very good feeling for us but at the same time it is one of these decisions that sometimes we must have it, but it hurts. To leave Paulo out hurts.
"The good thing is that he is such a good member of the family and he is such a special friend of Hugo that I think he also shared our happiness to have Hugo back as a friend.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
"For me he gave me a lot of thinking and I had to try to be cold to make a decision without emotions because to leave Paolo out is not easy."