It was ‘mixed emotions’ for Mourinho as Lloris returns for Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur head coach Jose Mourinho admitted the return of captain Hugo Lloris was full of mixed emotions.
The Frenchman started their 2-1 victory over Norwich City after the boss decided to include him earlier than expected after a long injury lay-off.
The World Cup winner damaged ligaments in his elbow in a 3-0 defeat at Brighton back in October and has been sidelined ever since.
But making that decision did mean Mourinho had to drop Paulo Gazzaniga to the bench.
"The return of Hugo is mixed emotions for me. It's happiness to see one of the best goalkeepers in the world to be back.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a very good feeling for us but at the same time it is one of these decisions that sometimes we must have it, but it hurts. To leave Paulo out hurts.
"The good thing is that he is such a good member of the family and he is such a special friend of Hugo that I think he also shared our happiness to have Hugo back as a friend.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
"For me he gave me a lot of thinking and I had to try to be cold to make a decision without emotions because to leave Paolo out is not easy."