Spurs boss quotes Britney Spears and Will.I.Am as he commands: ‘All eyes on us’
Mauricio Pochettino says a song from Britney Spears and Will.I.Am perfectly sums up his message to his players – “all eyes on us”.
During this unpredictable Premier League season, a number of Tottenham’s rivals are struggling and are having to contend with speculation and distractions.
And, while that has helped Spurs to climb into the top four, it has also strengthened Arsenal’s hand, with the Lilywhites’ old enemy lying just two points off the top.
But that is of no concern to Pochettino, who is fully focused on Tottenham’s development and has quoted lyrics from the 2012 song ‘Scream & Shout’ – a collaboration between Britney Spears and Will.I.Am – to make his point.
“I think we need to look at us,” he said. “I think it’s like what Britney Spears and Will.I.Am sing: “All eyes on us, all eyes on us”, because it’s not important what Arsenal do. For me it’s important to assess our season and how we can improve and compare it with ourselves, not how we compare with another team. If we finish in the top four it’s a success because we will have improved on last season.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the players show every day that they believe in the way we are taking. It’s difficult to explain all the reasons but I think we have a group that believes in the way we play and believes we can achieve a lot of things. We only need time.
“But the problem in football is always to be patient and try to deliver your game. It’s impossible to settle a new philosophy and create a winning team and mentality if you don’t have enough time to deliver that.”
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs