Spurs boss reveals his best and worst moments, and his manager of the season
Mauricio Pochettino has named the derby victories over Chelsea and Arsenal as his favourite moments of the season, while he believes Jose Mourinho has been the Premier League’s top manager.
Asked for his favourite moment in his first season as Spurs’ head coach, Pochettino said: “Two moments - the first was January 1, when we beat Chelsea 5-3, and another was when we beat Arsenal [2-1 in February]. They were two very good games.
“This is the example we need to [follow] next season to improve our game and be more consistent. They are the two good examples for us.”
Given Tottenham have suffered a number of costly defeats this season, Pochettino’s least favourite memory is slightly more surprising – a game which Spurs ended up winning.
“I remember very well my worst moment, on the touchline, 1-0 down against Aston Villa [on November 2],” he said. “Then it was 1-1 and 2-1 when Harry Kane scored. That was my worst day, I remember my feeling.”
You may also want to watch:
As the season ends this weekend, Pochettino was also asked to name his manager of the season.
“For me, it was Mourinho and Nigel Pearson from Leicester,” he said. “For me, both - but Mourinho. He was the best, no?”
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 4 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs