Spurs boss reveals his best and worst moments, and his manager of the season
Mauricio Pochettino has named the derby victories over Chelsea and Arsenal as his favourite moments of the season, while he believes Jose Mourinho has been the Premier League’s top manager.
Asked for his favourite moment in his first season as Spurs’ head coach, Pochettino said: “Two moments - the first was January 1, when we beat Chelsea 5-3, and another was when we beat Arsenal [2-1 in February]. They were two very good games.
“This is the example we need to [follow] next season to improve our game and be more consistent. They are the two good examples for us.”
Given Tottenham have suffered a number of costly defeats this season, Pochettino’s least favourite memory is slightly more surprising – a game which Spurs ended up winning.
“I remember very well my worst moment, on the touchline, 1-0 down against Aston Villa [on November 2],” he said. “Then it was 1-1 and 2-1 when Harry Kane scored. That was my worst day, I remember my feeling.”
You may also want to watch:
As the season ends this weekend, Pochettino was also asked to name his manager of the season.
“For me, it was Mourinho and Nigel Pearson from Leicester,” he said. “For me, both - but Mourinho. He was the best, no?”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs