Spurs boss reveals his best and worst moments, and his manager of the season
Mauricio Pochettino has named the derby victories over Chelsea and Arsenal as his favourite moments of the season, while he believes Jose Mourinho has been the Premier League’s top manager.
Asked for his favourite moment in his first season as Spurs’ head coach, Pochettino said: “Two moments - the first was January 1, when we beat Chelsea 5-3, and another was when we beat Arsenal [2-1 in February]. They were two very good games.
“This is the example we need to [follow] next season to improve our game and be more consistent. They are the two good examples for us.”
Given Tottenham have suffered a number of costly defeats this season, Pochettino’s least favourite memory is slightly more surprising – a game which Spurs ended up winning.
“I remember very well my worst moment, on the touchline, 1-0 down against Aston Villa [on November 2],” he said. “Then it was 1-1 and 2-1 when Harry Kane scored. That was my worst day, I remember my feeling.”
You may also want to watch:
As the season ends this weekend, Pochettino was also asked to name his manager of the season.
“For me, it was Mourinho and Nigel Pearson from Leicester,” he said. “For me, both - but Mourinho. He was the best, no?”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs