Spurs boss reveals his best and worst moments, and his manager of the season
Mauricio Pochettino has named the derby victories over Chelsea and Arsenal as his favourite moments of the season, while he believes Jose Mourinho has been the Premier League’s top manager.
Asked for his favourite moment in his first season as Spurs’ head coach, Pochettino said: “Two moments - the first was January 1, when we beat Chelsea 5-3, and another was when we beat Arsenal [2-1 in February]. They were two very good games.
“This is the example we need to [follow] next season to improve our game and be more consistent. They are the two good examples for us.”
Given Tottenham have suffered a number of costly defeats this season, Pochettino’s least favourite memory is slightly more surprising – a game which Spurs ended up winning.
“I remember very well my worst moment, on the touchline, 1-0 down against Aston Villa [on November 2],” he said. “Then it was 1-1 and 2-1 when Harry Kane scored. That was my worst day, I remember my feeling.”
As the season ends this weekend, Pochettino was also asked to name his manager of the season.
“For me, it was Mourinho and Nigel Pearson from Leicester,” he said. “For me, both - but Mourinho. He was the best, no?”
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 6 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 7 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 8 Police launch probe into Stamford Hill flat blaze
- 9 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 10 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs