Tottenham handed injury boost before Champions League final
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Jan Vertonghen, Davinson Sanchez and Harry Kane stepped up their rehabilitation this week
Spurs provided a positive update on the fitness of Harry Kane on Wednesday with the England captain taking part in training.
The 25-year-old has been absent since April 9th when he suffered ankle ligament damage in the 1-0 win over Manchester City in the Champions League quarter-final first leg at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
He revealed at the time he hoped his season was not over and the efforts of his team-mates have ensured he has a chance of making the final in Madrid.
Kane this week joined in training to show the progress made in rehabilitation since his ankle injury.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham's vice-captain took part in the session alongside defenders Jan Vertonghen and Davinson Sanchez, who have also spent a period on the sidelines.
Vertonghen had a couple of eventful games with Ajax in the last-four, suffering a bad blow to his head in the first leg before he picked up an ankle issue in the second leg.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
He carried on and played his part in Spurs coming from two goals down to win 3-2 and qualify for the final on the away-goal rule.
Pictures emerged of him leaving Johan Cryuff Arena in a protective boot, but he looks set to win his battle to be fit after taking part in training this week.
Sanchez suffered a thigh injury during the final weeks of the campaign as well, but, like Vertonghen and Kane, took part in training on Wednesday.
The club have also recently posted training pictures of Harry Winks and Dele Alli, who have struggled with groin and muscle problems of late, and so everything is looking positive for the final on June 1st against Liverpool.
Serge Aurier and Danny Rose didn't feature in the 2-2 draw with Everton on the final day of the Premier League on May 12th, but both appear fit again.