Spurs coach Hills says it was a ‘massive result’ against Brighton
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur women head coach Karen Hills dubbed it a ‘massive result’ as they nabbed a 1-0 victory over Brighton & Hove Albion in the Women’s Super League.
Ashleigh Neville's second-half strike was enough to secure all three points for Spurs in Sunday afternoon's clash against Brighton at the Hive.
Rachel Furness sent a ball in from the left to the incoming Neville who, despite having her first attempt blocked, made no mistake on the second by bundling the ball into the net to seal a 1-0 win.
"It's a massive result for us," Hills told the club website.
"We always want to get more points on the board and I thought today (Sunday) was a very tough and challenging game but thankfully we've managed to get the three points, which is great off the back of what's been quite a tough period.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a really end-to-end, very physical game. Both teams were quite close together in terms of the physical element of the game."
Hills felt the conditions on the day played a part in the contest but was pleased with the way her side managed the game.
- 1 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 2 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
"I thought the conditions played a bit of a part but we deserved the win at the end, in the last five minutes they were piling a lot of pressure on but I thought we absorbed it really, really well, we stood really strong, we were resilient in those last five minutes and we showed we've got that quality and that character to really try and dig out games.
"We also talk about game management - we've got to try to actually manage games and make sure that we can hold a lead as well and I was really pleased with how we did that today."