Spurs coach Hills says it was a ‘massive result’ against Brighton
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur women head coach Karen Hills dubbed it a ‘massive result’ as they nabbed a 1-0 victory over Brighton & Hove Albion in the Women’s Super League.
Ashleigh Neville's second-half strike was enough to secure all three points for Spurs in Sunday afternoon's clash against Brighton at the Hive.
Rachel Furness sent a ball in from the left to the incoming Neville who, despite having her first attempt blocked, made no mistake on the second by bundling the ball into the net to seal a 1-0 win.
"It's a massive result for us," Hills told the club website.
"We always want to get more points on the board and I thought today (Sunday) was a very tough and challenging game but thankfully we've managed to get the three points, which is great off the back of what's been quite a tough period.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a really end-to-end, very physical game. Both teams were quite close together in terms of the physical element of the game."
Hills felt the conditions on the day played a part in the contest but was pleased with the way her side managed the game.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
"I thought the conditions played a bit of a part but we deserved the win at the end, in the last five minutes they were piling a lot of pressure on but I thought we absorbed it really, really well, we stood really strong, we were resilient in those last five minutes and we showed we've got that quality and that character to really try and dig out games.
"We also talk about game management - we've got to try to actually manage games and make sure that we can hold a lead as well and I was really pleased with how we did that today."