Like London buses… Spurs complete Ndombele coup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
France international becomes Tottenham Hotspur’s record transfer after completing switch from Lyon
Spurs have broken their record transfer with the signing of Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon for an undisclosed fee.
The midfielder has agreed a six-year contract with Tottenham Hotspur and is their second business of the day.
In the morning, the Lilywhites signed youngster Jack Clarke from Leeds United and immediately sent the attacker back on loan to the Championship club.
Ndombele was the number one target this summer though, and manager Mauricio Pochettino will be delighted to land the France international.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham have been in desperate need of midfield options and the 22-year-old comes with plenty of pedigree.
He initially caught the eye with Amiens before a loan move to Lyon in the 2017/18 campaign saw him excel on the domestic and European stage.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
More success followed this season and one particular performance at Manchester City in the Champions League cemented his status as one of the world's hottest prospects.
Despite Ndombele having plenty of suitors, Spurs quickly become the frontrunners and have now secured the Frenchman's services.
He has signed a contract until the summer of 2025 and for an initial £53 million with a further £10 million in add-ons according to Ligue 1 club Lyon.