Tottenham duo prepare for latest Copa America games
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Two Spurs players are expected to feature in the latest Group B action in Brazil
Davinson Sanchez will hope to help Colombia qualify for the knock-out phase of the Copa America when they take on Qatar in Brazil later tonight.
The Spurs defender starred in the Group B opener, a 2-0 win over Argentina with club colleague Juan Foyth an unused substitute.
With Colombia top of the standings after one game, the South Americans know a win over Qatar will guarantee them a spot in the quarter-finals.
Sanchez should start again and after his match he will be able to watch fellow Tottenham Hotspur defender Foyth, if selected, when Argentina take on Paraguay.
It is a crucial game for the two-time World Cup winners and they realistically need a win to keep alive their hopes of finishing at least second.
Foyth was not called upon during Argentina's Group B loss to Colombia, but will hope to make his tournament debut for his nation in the early hours of Thursday morning.
- 1 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 5 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 8 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend