Spurs defender Carter-Vickers joins Luton Town on loan
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur defender Cameron Carter-Vickers has joined Championship side Luton Town on loan until the end of the season.
A product of our Academy, the 22-year-old centre-half spent the first half of the campaign on loan at Stoke City, where he made 15 appearances in all competitions.
In previous seasons he has spent time on loan with Sheffield United, Ipswich Town and Swansea City, and has made four senior appearances for Spurs to date.
"It's exciting, a new challenge for me and I'm really looking forward to it," Carter-Vickers told Lutontown.co.uk.
"It is probably about a week ago I first heard about it and it was definitely something that interested me and something I wanted to do.
You may also want to watch:
"As soon as I came back from Stoke, I wanted to try and get back out on loan as quick as I could and luckily for me, Luton gave me that opportunity.
"The Championship is a very tough division. Every game is very competitive and it's always hard to get results and get points.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
"That's also why it's a good league, because it's a challenge every week.
"On a personal level it's a good challenge for me and I just want to try and help the team and the club as much as I can while I'm here."