Spurs defender Carter-Vickers joins Luton Town on loan
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur defender Cameron Carter-Vickers has joined Championship side Luton Town on loan until the end of the season.
A product of our Academy, the 22-year-old centre-half spent the first half of the campaign on loan at Stoke City, where he made 15 appearances in all competitions.
In previous seasons he has spent time on loan with Sheffield United, Ipswich Town and Swansea City, and has made four senior appearances for Spurs to date.
"It's exciting, a new challenge for me and I'm really looking forward to it," Carter-Vickers told Lutontown.co.uk.
"It is probably about a week ago I first heard about it and it was definitely something that interested me and something I wanted to do.
You may also want to watch:
"As soon as I came back from Stoke, I wanted to try and get back out on loan as quick as I could and luckily for me, Luton gave me that opportunity.
"The Championship is a very tough division. Every game is very competitive and it's always hard to get results and get points.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 8 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
"That's also why it's a good league, because it's a challenge every week.
"On a personal level it's a good challenge for me and I just want to try and help the team and the club as much as I can while I'm here."