Spurs defender would consider leaving to boost international ambitions
Spurs full back desperate for first team football
Kyle Walker admits that he will consider another loan move away from Tottenham if it will guarantee him Premier League football and maintain his place in the England set-up.
The 21-year-old right-back has been selected for Fabio Capello’s Three Lions squad for Wednesday night’s friendly against Holland at Wembley.
And Walker concedes that his international ambitions could necessitate another spell away from White Hart Lane if he is unable to hold down a regular place with the Lilywhites.
“I want to play football at Premier League level,” he said. “I went to Villa and did okay. I think there is more to come but to be in the England squad you have to be playing regularly. Hopefully I can get there in the Tottenham team.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s a lot of top-class players there and it is going to be difficult, but I am willing to try and willing to put in the effort and the work that will hopefully get me there.
“Me and the gaffer have had a conversation and he said I would be in contention for the right-back spot. Hopefully I can do the work on the training pitch and get my chance in the games.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
“It is clear for everyone to know that I need to play regularly. We will have to see what the new season brings. It [a loan move] is possible.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs