Spurs youngster Walker-Peters joins Southampton on loan
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur youngster Kyle Walker-Peters has joined Premier League rivals Southampton on loan until the end of the season.
The 22-year-old, who can play on either side of defence, has joined Saints from Spurs for the remainder of the season to get more regular first-team action and provide additional strength to Ralph Hasenhüttl's squad for the final months of the campaign.
Walker-Peters, who is a product of the Spurs academy, has represented England at every level from under-18s to under-21s and has made 24 first-team appearances with his club, the most recent of which saw him start away to Bayern Munich in the Champions League last month.
"On a personal note I'm just grateful for the opportunity I've been given by the manager and the club," Walker-Peters told Southamptonfc.com.
"I come here looking to help the club improve and improve myself. I just want to win as many games as possible and enjoy playing football.
You may also want to watch:
"I had a chat with the manager and he assured me I was the type of player he liked and I got that feeling from watching Southampton that I could fit in well."
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?