Spurs youngster Walker-Peters joins Southampton on loan
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur youngster Kyle Walker-Peters has joined Premier League rivals Southampton on loan until the end of the season.
The 22-year-old, who can play on either side of defence, has joined Saints from Spurs for the remainder of the season to get more regular first-team action and provide additional strength to Ralph Hasenhüttl's squad for the final months of the campaign.
Walker-Peters, who is a product of the Spurs academy, has represented England at every level from under-18s to under-21s and has made 24 first-team appearances with his club, the most recent of which saw him start away to Bayern Munich in the Champions League last month.
"On a personal note I'm just grateful for the opportunity I've been given by the manager and the club," Walker-Peters told Southamptonfc.com.
"I come here looking to help the club improve and improve myself. I just want to win as many games as possible and enjoy playing football.
You may also want to watch:
"I had a chat with the manager and he assured me I was the type of player he liked and I got that feeling from watching Southampton that I could fit in well."
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems