Spurs youngster Walker-Peters joins Southampton on loan
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur youngster Kyle Walker-Peters has joined Premier League rivals Southampton on loan until the end of the season.
The 22-year-old, who can play on either side of defence, has joined Saints from Spurs for the remainder of the season to get more regular first-team action and provide additional strength to Ralph Hasenhüttl's squad for the final months of the campaign.
Walker-Peters, who is a product of the Spurs academy, has represented England at every level from under-18s to under-21s and has made 24 first-team appearances with his club, the most recent of which saw him start away to Bayern Munich in the Champions League last month.
"On a personal note I'm just grateful for the opportunity I've been given by the manager and the club," Walker-Peters told Southamptonfc.com.
"I come here looking to help the club improve and improve myself. I just want to win as many games as possible and enjoy playing football.
You may also want to watch:
"I had a chat with the manager and he assured me I was the type of player he liked and I got that feeling from watching Southampton that I could fit in well."
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year