Spurs youngster Walker-Peters joins Southampton on loan
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur youngster Kyle Walker-Peters has joined Premier League rivals Southampton on loan until the end of the season.
The 22-year-old, who can play on either side of defence, has joined Saints from Spurs for the remainder of the season to get more regular first-team action and provide additional strength to Ralph Hasenhüttl's squad for the final months of the campaign.
Walker-Peters, who is a product of the Spurs academy, has represented England at every level from under-18s to under-21s and has made 24 first-team appearances with his club, the most recent of which saw him start away to Bayern Munich in the Champions League last month.
"On a personal note I'm just grateful for the opportunity I've been given by the manager and the club," Walker-Peters told Southamptonfc.com.
"I come here looking to help the club improve and improve myself. I just want to win as many games as possible and enjoy playing football.
You may also want to watch:
"I had a chat with the manager and he assured me I was the type of player he liked and I got that feeling from watching Southampton that I could fit in well."
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web