Champions League: Tottenham learn group fate
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur face a tricky test in Group B of this season’s Champions League, following the draw in Monaco today.
Mauricio Pochettino's side, runners-up in last season's final after a 2-0 loss to Premier League rivals Liverpool in Madrid, will go up against Bundesliga outfit Bayern Munich, while also facing Greek side Olympiacos and Serbian outfit Crvena Zvezda in the group stage of this year's competition.
Holders Liverpool, meanwhile, will face Napoli, Salzburg and Genk, while Premier League champions Manchester City are grouped with Shakhtar Donetsk, GNK Dinamo and Atalanta.
Chelsea, meanwhile, do battle with Ajax, Valencia and Lille in their group, with the first match days to be staged on September 17-18.
Other fixtures take place on October 1-2, October 22-23, November 5-6, November 26-27 and December 10-11.
You may also want to watch:
Last-16 ties take place in February and March, with the quarter-finals in April and semi-finals in May, before the final at the Ataturk Stadium in Istanbul on May 30.
Champions League 2019/20:
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
Group A: Paris-Saint Germain, Real Madrid, Club Brugge, Galatasaray.
Group B: Bayern Munich, Tottenham, Olympiacos, Crevna Zvezda.
Group C: Manchester City, Shakhtar Donetsk, GNK Dinamo, Atalanta.
Group D: Juventus, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Lokomotiv Moscow.
Group E: Liverpool, Napoli, Salzburg, Genk.
Group F: Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan, Slavia Prague.
Group G: Zenit St Petersburg, Benfica, Lyon, RB Leipzig.
Group H: Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia, Lille.