Spurs look set to sign Dutch international Bergwijn
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur are looking set to reportedly beat Manchester United in the race to land PSV Eindhoven attacker Steven Bergwijn as he jets in for his medical.
The 22-year-old will land in London today (Tuesday) to complete his move that is likely to continue into Wednesday.
Spurs and the Dutch side agreed a fee thought to be around £27million after the player pushed for a switch to Jose Mourinho's side.
Bergwijn was left out of the squad in the 1-1 draw with FC Twente on Sunday further fuelling speculation that he was on his way out.
He has played 16 times for PSV in the Dutch Eredivisie this season, scoring five goals.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs will still also be hoping to bring in a striker to replace the injured Harry Kane while they're trying to shift a number of players out of the club as well to freshen the squad up.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers