Spurs look set to sign Dutch international Bergwijn
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur are looking set to reportedly beat Manchester United in the race to land PSV Eindhoven attacker Steven Bergwijn as he jets in for his medical.
The 22-year-old will land in London today (Tuesday) to complete his move that is likely to continue into Wednesday.
Spurs and the Dutch side agreed a fee thought to be around £27million after the player pushed for a switch to Jose Mourinho's side.
Bergwijn was left out of the squad in the 1-1 draw with FC Twente on Sunday further fuelling speculation that he was on his way out.
He has played 16 times for PSV in the Dutch Eredivisie this season, scoring five goals.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs will still also be hoping to bring in a striker to replace the injured Harry Kane while they're trying to shift a number of players out of the club as well to freshen the squad up.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work