Spurs look set to sign Dutch international Bergwijn
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur are looking set to reportedly beat Manchester United in the race to land PSV Eindhoven attacker Steven Bergwijn as he jets in for his medical.
The 22-year-old will land in London today (Tuesday) to complete his move that is likely to continue into Wednesday.
Spurs and the Dutch side agreed a fee thought to be around £27million after the player pushed for a switch to Jose Mourinho's side.
Bergwijn was left out of the squad in the 1-1 draw with FC Twente on Sunday further fuelling speculation that he was on his way out.
He has played 16 times for PSV in the Dutch Eredivisie this season, scoring five goals.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs will still also be hoping to bring in a striker to replace the injured Harry Kane while they're trying to shift a number of players out of the club as well to freshen the squad up.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities