Spurs look set to sign Dutch international Bergwijn
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur are looking set to reportedly beat Manchester United in the race to land PSV Eindhoven attacker Steven Bergwijn as he jets in for his medical.
The 22-year-old will land in London today (Tuesday) to complete his move that is likely to continue into Wednesday.
Spurs and the Dutch side agreed a fee thought to be around £27million after the player pushed for a switch to Jose Mourinho's side.
Bergwijn was left out of the squad in the 1-1 draw with FC Twente on Sunday further fuelling speculation that he was on his way out.
He has played 16 times for PSV in the Dutch Eredivisie this season, scoring five goals.
Spurs will still also be hoping to bring in a striker to replace the injured Harry Kane while they're trying to shift a number of players out of the club as well to freshen the squad up.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown