Spurs midfielder is keen to sign a new contract
Nabil Bentaleb is keen to follow in the footsteps of his fellow academy graduates by signing a new contract and committing his future to Tottenham.
Harry Kane, Ryan Mason and Danny Rose have all extended their deals this season and Algeria international Bentaleb would be happy to put pen to paper as well before the end of the campaign.
Bentaleb is already under contract until the 2017-18 season, having agreed a four-year deal in October 2013, but that was before he broke into the first team and went to the World Cup.
“I like the club, I like the philosophy of the coaches. I feel very good here and hopefully we will do this,” said the 20-year-old midfielder.
“Could it be before the end of the season? Yes, why not? We will speak to the people concerned. I’m really happy here and people are happy with me. I’m playing many games this season and I’m trying to improve every year.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs