Spurs midfielder is keen to sign a new contract
Nabil Bentaleb is keen to follow in the footsteps of his fellow academy graduates by signing a new contract and committing his future to Tottenham.
Harry Kane, Ryan Mason and Danny Rose have all extended their deals this season and Algeria international Bentaleb would be happy to put pen to paper as well before the end of the campaign.
Bentaleb is already under contract until the 2017-18 season, having agreed a four-year deal in October 2013, but that was before he broke into the first team and went to the World Cup.
“I like the club, I like the philosophy of the coaches. I feel very good here and hopefully we will do this,” said the 20-year-old midfielder.
“Could it be before the end of the season? Yes, why not? We will speak to the people concerned. I’m really happy here and people are happy with me. I’m playing many games this season and I’m trying to improve every year.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 9 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'