Spurs midfielder is keen to sign a new contract
Nabil Bentaleb is keen to follow in the footsteps of his fellow academy graduates by signing a new contract and committing his future to Tottenham.
Harry Kane, Ryan Mason and Danny Rose have all extended their deals this season and Algeria international Bentaleb would be happy to put pen to paper as well before the end of the campaign.
Bentaleb is already under contract until the 2017-18 season, having agreed a four-year deal in October 2013, but that was before he broke into the first team and went to the World Cup.
“I like the club, I like the philosophy of the coaches. I feel very good here and hopefully we will do this,” said the 20-year-old midfielder.
“Could it be before the end of the season? Yes, why not? We will speak to the people concerned. I’m really happy here and people are happy with me. I’m playing many games this season and I’m trying to improve every year.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes