Spurs midfielder on course for long-awaited return at Wigan
TOM Huddlestone hopes to complete his recovery from a long-term ankle injury during the international break, and make his return next Saturday when Spurs travel to Wigan.
The 24-year-old has been out of action since November, and has missed the last 23 Tottenham matches, since the 1-1 draw with Sunderland at White Hart Lane.
However, the England international returned to training last Friday, and could be available for next weekend’s trip to the Latics’ DW Stadium.
“Tom trained and he hit some fantastic passes. It was his first morning with his boots on and he looked like he’d never been away,” said Harry Redknapp last week. “We can work him through the two-week international break now and hopefully he can come back.”
Huddlestone recently revealed that he was targeting the trip to Wigan on his personal Twitter page: “2weeks (international break) to train hard and all going to plan shud be fully ok for wigan!” he wrote.
You may also want to watch:
And earlier this week the midfielder gave a positive update on his progress, writing: “Hard training session done today, nice to be outside and with a ball again!!”
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers