Spurs midfielder on course for long-awaited return at Wigan
TOM Huddlestone hopes to complete his recovery from a long-term ankle injury during the international break, and make his return next Saturday when Spurs travel to Wigan.
The 24-year-old has been out of action since November, and has missed the last 23 Tottenham matches, since the 1-1 draw with Sunderland at White Hart Lane.
However, the England international returned to training last Friday, and could be available for next weekend’s trip to the Latics’ DW Stadium.
“Tom trained and he hit some fantastic passes. It was his first morning with his boots on and he looked like he’d never been away,” said Harry Redknapp last week. “We can work him through the two-week international break now and hopefully he can come back.”
Huddlestone recently revealed that he was targeting the trip to Wigan on his personal Twitter page: “2weeks (international break) to train hard and all going to plan shud be fully ok for wigan!” he wrote.
You may also want to watch:
And earlier this week the midfielder gave a positive update on his progress, writing: “Hard training session done today, nice to be outside and with a ball again!!”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse