Spurs players prepare for busy week of internationals with Ben Davies set to rack up the most air miles
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Various members of the Tottenham Hotspur squad have jetted off in recent days to represent their countries
Spurs will have a number of players representing their countries over the next week and surprisingly Ben Davies is likely to rack up the most air miles.
The Wales full-back will be in China taking part in a four-team tournament called the China Cup.
Davies is likely to feature for Ryan Giggs’ team tomorrow (March 22) against China before playing either Czech Republic or Uruguay on Monday (March 26).
Christian Eriksen will be involved in two friendlies for Denmark with the first set to take place on Thursday evening at home to Panama and the second on Tuesday (March 27) against Chile in Aalborg.
The England boys from the Tottenham Hotspur squad will be in action on Friday (March 23) against the Netherlands and Kieran Trippier, Danny Rose, Eric Dier and Dele Alli could all start.
Harry Kane misses out due to his ankle injury, but the foursome mentioned will be aiming to impress Gareth Southgate ahead of the 2018 World Cup.
- 1 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 4 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 5 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 6 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 7 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 8 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 9 Plea date set for teen charged with broad daylight stabbing
- 10 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
Trippier, Rose, Dier and Alli will also likely feature next week when England entertain Italy at Wembley on March 27.
A couple of Spurs players will go head-to-head on March 23 when Hugo Lloris’ France host Colombia, who will have Davinson Sanchez in their starting XI.
Tottenham’s captain will then take on Russia on March 27 while Sanchez will play in London at Craven Cottage on the same night as Colombia do battle with Australia.
Victor Wanyama’s Kenya will be playing on Friday as they visit Comoros before travelling to Central Africa on Monday (March 26).
Serge Aurier is set to play for Ivory Coast on Saturday (March 24) away to Togo and he will most likely feature again on March 27 at home to Moldova.
Heung-min Son, for once, is not due to travel too much as South Korea are away to Northern Ireland on Saturday and they then make the trip to Poland on Tuesday.
Meanwhile youngsters Josh Onomah, Kyle Walker-Peters and Harry Winks have been called up to the England under-21 squad.
The trio will hope to face Romania’s under-21s at home on Saturday in a friendly clash before playing Ukraine in a European Championship qualifier on Tuesday at home.