Spurs boss confident Eriksen will now stay
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino is confident Christian Eriksen will now remain at the club with the European transfer window slamming shut tomorrow (Monday, September, 2).
The Danish International has been heavily linked with a move away all summer to the likes of Real Madrid and PSG among others.
But the boss chose to start him in the north London derby where they drew 2-2 with local rivals Arsenal and Eriksen opened the scoring in the 11th minute as he fired home a rebound.
"I am optimistic, happy, what is most important is to all be on the same page, with the club.
"That players have a clear idea where we want to arrive and how we want to move, clear minds like today Christian and different players, tomorrow they're only going to be focused on Tottenham, not on thinking about different things that make management so difficult."
You may also want to watch:
Although he did admit there is still time left for clubs to tempt Eriksen away but he believes it is not likely now.
"No, there are still hours or one day. I want to say it is going to be impossible but it is going to be difficult (for him to leave).
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
"I think nothing is impossible in football, but the most important thing is that it is only 24 hour and I hope that everything will be clear for everyone."