Spurs boss confident Eriksen will now stay
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino is confident Christian Eriksen will now remain at the club with the European transfer window slamming shut tomorrow (Monday, September, 2).
The Danish International has been heavily linked with a move away all summer to the likes of Real Madrid and PSG among others.
But the boss chose to start him in the north London derby where they drew 2-2 with local rivals Arsenal and Eriksen opened the scoring in the 11th minute as he fired home a rebound.
"I am optimistic, happy, what is most important is to all be on the same page, with the club.
"That players have a clear idea where we want to arrive and how we want to move, clear minds like today Christian and different players, tomorrow they're only going to be focused on Tottenham, not on thinking about different things that make management so difficult."
You may also want to watch:
Although he did admit there is still time left for clubs to tempt Eriksen away but he believes it is not likely now.
"No, there are still hours or one day. I want to say it is going to be impossible but it is going to be difficult (for him to leave).
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
"I think nothing is impossible in football, but the most important thing is that it is only 24 hour and I hope that everything will be clear for everyone."