Spurs boss confident Eriksen will now stay
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino is confident Christian Eriksen will now remain at the club with the European transfer window slamming shut tomorrow (Monday, September, 2).
The Danish International has been heavily linked with a move away all summer to the likes of Real Madrid and PSG among others.
But the boss chose to start him in the north London derby where they drew 2-2 with local rivals Arsenal and Eriksen opened the scoring in the 11th minute as he fired home a rebound.
"I am optimistic, happy, what is most important is to all be on the same page, with the club.
"That players have a clear idea where we want to arrive and how we want to move, clear minds like today Christian and different players, tomorrow they're only going to be focused on Tottenham, not on thinking about different things that make management so difficult."
Although he did admit there is still time left for clubs to tempt Eriksen away but he believes it is not likely now.
"No, there are still hours or one day. I want to say it is going to be impossible but it is going to be difficult (for him to leave).
- 1 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 2 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 3 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 4 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 5 Hackney council home tenants to see rents increase
- 6 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 7 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 8 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 9 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
"I think nothing is impossible in football, but the most important thing is that it is only 24 hour and I hope that everything will be clear for everyone."