Spurs boss confident Eriksen will now stay
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino is confident Christian Eriksen will now remain at the club with the European transfer window slamming shut tomorrow (Monday, September, 2).
The Danish International has been heavily linked with a move away all summer to the likes of Real Madrid and PSG among others.
But the boss chose to start him in the north London derby where they drew 2-2 with local rivals Arsenal and Eriksen opened the scoring in the 11th minute as he fired home a rebound.
"I am optimistic, happy, what is most important is to all be on the same page, with the club.
"That players have a clear idea where we want to arrive and how we want to move, clear minds like today Christian and different players, tomorrow they're only going to be focused on Tottenham, not on thinking about different things that make management so difficult."
You may also want to watch:
Although he did admit there is still time left for clubs to tempt Eriksen away but he believes it is not likely now.
"No, there are still hours or one day. I want to say it is going to be impossible but it is going to be difficult (for him to leave).
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
"I think nothing is impossible in football, but the most important thing is that it is only 24 hour and I hope that everything will be clear for everyone."