Tottenham Hotspur to deliver unique NFL themed tours of its new stadium
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
As excitement builds ahead of the first ever NFL games at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the club has today announced a unique NFL version of its popular Guided Stadium Tours.
The 90-minute tour, which is the first stand-alone NFL visitor attraction outside of the USA, will give stadium visitors and NFL fans alike a unique opportunity to experience a behind-the-scenes tour of the stadium's bespoke NFL facilities.
The 2019 London Games will see Tottenham Hotspur Stadium host Chicago Bears at Oakland Raiders on Sunday, October, 6 and Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers a week later on Sunday, October, 13.
Some of the biggest names in the sport will travel to Tottenham to take part in these historic fixtures which will see American Football played for the first time in a purpose-built NFL venue outside of the USA.
The first tours will commence on Monday October, 7, with tickets on sale from today via the Club's website.
You may also want to watch:
NFL tours are available on selected dates throughout October and early November with further dates to be added in due course.
Visitors will be given the chance to step into life as an NFL athlete as they are taken through the purpose-built team facilities, including locker rooms, player and staff preparation areas and the customised press conference suite, before having the chance to see or try on authentic players' equipment such as jerseys, balls, pads and gloves.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
The tour will then take fans through the dedicated NFL players' tunnel and into the stadium bowl where, on selected dates, they will be able to see the specially-designed artificial playing surface.
This pitch sits underneath the retractable grass pitch, meaning both football and NFL have their own playing surfaces - a first of its kind for any stadium.
On all other dates, visitors will be able to take in the spectacular view of the pitch in football mode.
Visitors will then be able to see what all NFL players strive to lift, the iconic Vince Lombardi Trophy, which is presented to the winners of the Super Bowl, as they are taken into the NFL Commissioner's Suite.
Each tour will be led by one of Tottenham Hotspur's expert tour guides who will share insights into the history of the NFL in the UK, what it takes to deliver NFL games in the UK and the design, technology and functionality of the stadium's unique purpose-built NFL facilities.
To book an NFL stadium tour visit: https://experience.tottenhamhotspur.com/home.htm.