Tottenham Hotspur to deliver unique NFL themed tours of its new stadium
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
As excitement builds ahead of the first ever NFL games at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the club has today announced a unique NFL version of its popular Guided Stadium Tours.
The 90-minute tour, which is the first stand-alone NFL visitor attraction outside of the USA, will give stadium visitors and NFL fans alike a unique opportunity to experience a behind-the-scenes tour of the stadium's bespoke NFL facilities.
The 2019 London Games will see Tottenham Hotspur Stadium host Chicago Bears at Oakland Raiders on Sunday, October, 6 and Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers a week later on Sunday, October, 13.
Some of the biggest names in the sport will travel to Tottenham to take part in these historic fixtures which will see American Football played for the first time in a purpose-built NFL venue outside of the USA.
The first tours will commence on Monday October, 7, with tickets on sale from today via the Club's website.
You may also want to watch:
NFL tours are available on selected dates throughout October and early November with further dates to be added in due course.
Visitors will be given the chance to step into life as an NFL athlete as they are taken through the purpose-built team facilities, including locker rooms, player and staff preparation areas and the customised press conference suite, before having the chance to see or try on authentic players' equipment such as jerseys, balls, pads and gloves.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Thousands of Hackney's most vulnerable remain unvaccinated as Delta variant cases rise
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
The tour will then take fans through the dedicated NFL players' tunnel and into the stadium bowl where, on selected dates, they will be able to see the specially-designed artificial playing surface.
This pitch sits underneath the retractable grass pitch, meaning both football and NFL have their own playing surfaces - a first of its kind for any stadium.
On all other dates, visitors will be able to take in the spectacular view of the pitch in football mode.
Visitors will then be able to see what all NFL players strive to lift, the iconic Vince Lombardi Trophy, which is presented to the winners of the Super Bowl, as they are taken into the NFL Commissioner's Suite.
Each tour will be led by one of Tottenham Hotspur's expert tour guides who will share insights into the history of the NFL in the UK, what it takes to deliver NFL games in the UK and the design, technology and functionality of the stadium's unique purpose-built NFL facilities.
To book an NFL stadium tour visit: https://experience.tottenhamhotspur.com/home.htm.