Spurs sign attacking midfielder Bergwijn from PSV
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur have captured their third signing of the January transfer window in Dutch international Steven Bergwijn from Eredivisie side PSV Eindhoven.
The 22-year-old has signed a contract with the club that will run until 2025 and will wear the number 23 shirt that was recently vacated by Christian Eriksen.
The Netherlands international made his first team debut for PSV at the age of 17 and went on to establish himself as a regular in the team during the 2016/17 season where he made 33 appearances.
The versatile attacking midfielder has been a member of three Eredivisie title-winning squads at Philips Stadion, making 149 appearances in total and scoring 31 goals, including a career best 15 last season.
This campaign he has registered six goals in 29 appearances.
You may also want to watch:
Bergwijn made his senior international debut in October, 2018, and has since collected nine international caps for the Netherlands to date.
The youngster will now provide more competitions amongst Jose Mourinho's squad.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London