Spurs sign attacking midfielder Bergwijn from PSV
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur have captured their third signing of the January transfer window in Dutch international Steven Bergwijn from Eredivisie side PSV Eindhoven.
The 22-year-old has signed a contract with the club that will run until 2025 and will wear the number 23 shirt that was recently vacated by Christian Eriksen.
The Netherlands international made his first team debut for PSV at the age of 17 and went on to establish himself as a regular in the team during the 2016/17 season where he made 33 appearances.
The versatile attacking midfielder has been a member of three Eredivisie title-winning squads at Philips Stadion, making 149 appearances in total and scoring 31 goals, including a career best 15 last season.
This campaign he has registered six goals in 29 appearances.
You may also want to watch:
Bergwijn made his senior international debut in October, 2018, and has since collected nine international caps for the Netherlands to date.
The youngster will now provide more competitions amongst Jose Mourinho's squad.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney