Spurs sign attacking midfielder Bergwijn from PSV
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur have captured their third signing of the January transfer window in Dutch international Steven Bergwijn from Eredivisie side PSV Eindhoven.
The 22-year-old has signed a contract with the club that will run until 2025 and will wear the number 23 shirt that was recently vacated by Christian Eriksen.
The Netherlands international made his first team debut for PSV at the age of 17 and went on to establish himself as a regular in the team during the 2016/17 season where he made 33 appearances.
The versatile attacking midfielder has been a member of three Eredivisie title-winning squads at Philips Stadion, making 149 appearances in total and scoring 31 goals, including a career best 15 last season.
This campaign he has registered six goals in 29 appearances.
You may also want to watch:
Bergwijn made his senior international debut in October, 2018, and has since collected nine international caps for the Netherlands to date.
The youngster will now provide more competitions amongst Jose Mourinho's squad.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting