Spurs star Harry Kane is keen to team up with Dele Alli for England
Harry Kane says he has a “great understanding” with his Tottenham team-mate Dele Alli - and he believes they can take their partnership onto the international stage with England.
Alli has set up seven of Kane’s 21 Premier League goals this season – including three of his four strikes in the last two top-flight fixtures against Aston Villa and Bournemouth.
The duo are among the five Spurs players that have been called up by England boss Roy Hodgson for the upcoming friendlies against Germany and Holland – and Kane believes he would benefit from having Alli supplying the ammunition again.
“He’s a great player,” said the forward. “As a striker when you make the runs - whether it’s from crosses or forward runs - if you’ve got a player who can get on the half-turn and play forward quick, that’s perfect.
“That’s what Dele did [against Bournemouth on Sunday]. He turned, saw my run, played it perfectly into my path and I was able to finish it off. He’s a great lad, a great player - as everyone has seen this season - and I’m sure he’s enjoying it, as we all are.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s down to the manager who he picks [for England], but we do have a great understanding. I think people have seen that this season – and it’s not just with Dele. [Kyle] Walker set me up as well on Sunday.
“We have a great bunch of English lads here at Spurs so we just have to see what team is picked and we go from there.”
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs