Spurs striker denies Russian link but concedes he could move on
Pavlyuchenko wants more opportunities at White Hart Lane
Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko has denied he is set to join Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala.
The striker joined three years ago from Spartak Moscow but has regularly been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane.
Anzhi have allegedly bid for Neymar and are keen to bring top class players into their side, but the 29-year-old denies he will be one of them.
“I don’t even know who needs this gossip, who’s doing it all, who’s writing it,” he said, according to ITV Sport.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all untrue that I’m going to continue my career at Anzhi. It’s obviously total rubbish.”
The striker did however concede hw ould be open to a move away from north Lodnon is he is not given more opportunities at White Hart Lane.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
“When the time comes for a change, an offer would be good and I will agree to it,” he added.
“But for the time being it’s hard for me to say what tomorrow will bring.”