Spurs suffer setback as Lloris is injured
Tottenham have suffered a setback in their preparations for the new campaign after goalkeeper Hugo Lloris fractured his wrist.
The 28-year-old France international suffered the injury during the close season and, upon returning to the club, scans revealed the extent of the damage.
Lloris started training on Monday alongside Spurs’ international players, working on his fitness.
However, he faces a race to be available for the first match of the campaign on August 8, away against Manchester United.
Meanwhile, Lloris’ fellow Frenchman Benjamin Stambouli looks set to depart after just one season at Spurs, with Paris St-Germain overtaking Watford as the favourites to sign the £5million-rated midfielder.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham played their first pre-season friendly on Saturday, beating Southend 4-0 at the training centre in Enfield.
Josh Onomah opened the scoring and Danny Rose, Nabil Bentaleb and Nathan Oduwa were also on target.
- 1 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 2 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 3 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 4 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Mural competition launched for Homerton green corridor
- 7 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
- 8 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 9 No queues or check outs at Dalston's new Amazon Fresh store
- 10 Cargo bike sharing comes to Stoke Newington, London Fields and Shoreditch