Spurs team news: Dele Alli a doubt for West Ham clash but Mousa Dembele could face Arsenal
Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli is an injury doubt for Wednesday night’s London derby against West Ham due to an ankle injury – but Mousa Dembele could return for Saturday’s showdown with Arsenal.
Alli kicked the ground during the warm-up ahead of Sunday’s home game against Swansea and, although he went on to play throughout the match, he was limping when he left White Hart Lane.
Head coach Mauricio Pochettino said: “Dele Alli had a problem before the Swansea game. We need to assess him tomorrow morning because it’s a long day until the game against West Ham, and then we’ll decide if he’s available.
“Mousa is nearly back, maybe for the next game [against Arsenal]. He’s still out, Dembele, and you know Clinton Njie and Jan Vertonghen are still out.
“It’s good news that Tom Carroll can be on the list after he got injured against Fiorentina in the Europa League.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”