Spurs team news: Dele Alli a doubt for West Ham clash but Mousa Dembele could face Arsenal
Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli is an injury doubt for Wednesday night’s London derby against West Ham due to an ankle injury – but Mousa Dembele could return for Saturday’s showdown with Arsenal.
Alli kicked the ground during the warm-up ahead of Sunday’s home game against Swansea and, although he went on to play throughout the match, he was limping when he left White Hart Lane.
Head coach Mauricio Pochettino said: “Dele Alli had a problem before the Swansea game. We need to assess him tomorrow morning because it’s a long day until the game against West Ham, and then we’ll decide if he’s available.
“Mousa is nearly back, maybe for the next game [against Arsenal]. He’s still out, Dembele, and you know Clinton Njie and Jan Vertonghen are still out.
“It’s good news that Tom Carroll can be on the list after he got injured against Fiorentina in the Europa League.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images