Spurs team news: Eriksen still injured but Townsend could return
Christian Eriksen remains sidelined ahead of Saturday’s Premier Legaue home game against Everton, but Andros Townsend could return to action.
Eriksen missed the weekend’s trip to Leicester with a knee injury and is not ready to come back.
However, Townsend – who suffered a shoulder injury during a pre-season match and then hurt his ankle – may be involved in the squad for the first time this season.
“Eriksen is still out and Andros, in the last few days he started to work with the squad,” said Pochettino at today’s press conference.
“We have another training session tomorrow but we can confirm Christian Eriksen is still out and maybe Andros is in the squad.”
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham have only picked up two points from their opening three games and lie 16th in the early-season standings as they prepare to host Roberto Martinez’s Toffees this weekend.
Pochettino said: “If we only assess the performance they were good as we played well against Manchester United, Stoke and Leicester, but that isn’t being reflected in the table because we deserve more points.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
“We know we have a good team in front of us with Everton. We are in a good moment and play well but we need to confirm that with victories.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs