Spurs team news: Eriksen still injured but Townsend could return
Christian Eriksen remains sidelined ahead of Saturday’s Premier Legaue home game against Everton, but Andros Townsend could return to action.
Eriksen missed the weekend’s trip to Leicester with a knee injury and is not ready to come back.
However, Townsend – who suffered a shoulder injury during a pre-season match and then hurt his ankle – may be involved in the squad for the first time this season.
“Eriksen is still out and Andros, in the last few days he started to work with the squad,” said Pochettino at today’s press conference.
“We have another training session tomorrow but we can confirm Christian Eriksen is still out and maybe Andros is in the squad.”
Tottenham have only picked up two points from their opening three games and lie 16th in the early-season standings as they prepare to host Roberto Martinez’s Toffees this weekend.
Pochettino said: “If we only assess the performance they were good as we played well against Manchester United, Stoke and Leicester, but that isn’t being reflected in the table because we deserve more points.
- 1 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 2 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 3 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 4 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 5 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 6 HSBC make 'considerable' donation to Finsbury Park food bank
- 7 Dream Wife and Belako rock Hackney Paper Dress Vintage at Estrella launch
- 8 Lab Tonica to bring colour to Chatsworth Road with debut shop
- 9 Plea date set for teen charged with broad daylight stabbing
- 10 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
“We know we have a good team in front of us with Everton. We are in a good moment and play well but we need to confirm that with victories.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs