Spurs team news: Eriksen still injured but Townsend could return
Christian Eriksen remains sidelined ahead of Saturday’s Premier Legaue home game against Everton, but Andros Townsend could return to action.
Eriksen missed the weekend’s trip to Leicester with a knee injury and is not ready to come back.
However, Townsend – who suffered a shoulder injury during a pre-season match and then hurt his ankle – may be involved in the squad for the first time this season.
“Eriksen is still out and Andros, in the last few days he started to work with the squad,” said Pochettino at today’s press conference.
“We have another training session tomorrow but we can confirm Christian Eriksen is still out and maybe Andros is in the squad.”
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham have only picked up two points from their opening three games and lie 16th in the early-season standings as they prepare to host Roberto Martinez’s Toffees this weekend.
Pochettino said: “If we only assess the performance they were good as we played well against Manchester United, Stoke and Leicester, but that isn’t being reflected in the table because we deserve more points.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
“We know we have a good team in front of us with Everton. We are in a good moment and play well but we need to confirm that with victories.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs