Spurs team news: Eriksen still injured but Townsend could return
Christian Eriksen remains sidelined ahead of Saturday’s Premier Legaue home game against Everton, but Andros Townsend could return to action.
Eriksen missed the weekend’s trip to Leicester with a knee injury and is not ready to come back.
However, Townsend – who suffered a shoulder injury during a pre-season match and then hurt his ankle – may be involved in the squad for the first time this season.
“Eriksen is still out and Andros, in the last few days he started to work with the squad,” said Pochettino at today’s press conference.
“We have another training session tomorrow but we can confirm Christian Eriksen is still out and maybe Andros is in the squad.”
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham have only picked up two points from their opening three games and lie 16th in the early-season standings as they prepare to host Roberto Martinez’s Toffees this weekend.
Pochettino said: “If we only assess the performance they were good as we played well against Manchester United, Stoke and Leicester, but that isn’t being reflected in the table because we deserve more points.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
“We know we have a good team in front of us with Everton. We are in a good moment and play well but we need to confirm that with victories.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs