Spurs team news: Heung-Min Son ready to return but Clinton Njie is unlikely to face Anderlecht
Heung-Min Son is ready to return for Tottenham in tomorrow’s (Thursday’s) Europa League group game against Anderlecht at White Hart Lane, but Clinton Njie is unlikely to play and Nabil Bentaleb will also be absent again.
Summer signing Son has missed the last six games with a foot injury, but Pochettino said: “He is ready and is in the squad for tomorrow. We need to decide if it is in the starting 11 or be on the bench. He is much better and we are happy with the recovery.”
Although he is only just returning from the treatment room, the South Korea international could be called up to represent his country for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Myanmar and Laos on November 12 and November 17 respectively.
Pochettino may have his own thoughts on the matter and he said: “He wants to go, it is normal. You want to play for your country.
“We need to speak a little bit to arrive at the best thing for him, for his national team and for us. It is a very long way [to go]. It is another matter and we need to speak with him and with the national team.”
You may also want to watch:
While Son is available again, another summer recruit – Clinton Njie – missed Monday’s night game against Aston Villa and looks set to be sidelined tomorrow evening as well, although his problem is not serious.
“Clinton has a small issue with his hamstring,” said Pochettino. “Maybe for Arsenal [on Sunday] he will be available to be selected.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
Nabil Bentaleb has also been out of action, missing the last 11 games with an ankle injury, and Pochettino said: “He is not match fit. He is in training and he is doing some exercise with the group and some alone. He is close to coming back.”
Alex Pritchard and Nacer Chadli are also injured.
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs