Spurs team news: Heung-Min Son ready to return but Clinton Njie is unlikely to face Anderlecht
Heung-Min Son is ready to return for Tottenham in tomorrow’s (Thursday’s) Europa League group game against Anderlecht at White Hart Lane, but Clinton Njie is unlikely to play and Nabil Bentaleb will also be absent again.
Summer signing Son has missed the last six games with a foot injury, but Pochettino said: “He is ready and is in the squad for tomorrow. We need to decide if it is in the starting 11 or be on the bench. He is much better and we are happy with the recovery.”
Although he is only just returning from the treatment room, the South Korea international could be called up to represent his country for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Myanmar and Laos on November 12 and November 17 respectively.
Pochettino may have his own thoughts on the matter and he said: “He wants to go, it is normal. You want to play for your country.
“We need to speak a little bit to arrive at the best thing for him, for his national team and for us. It is a very long way [to go]. It is another matter and we need to speak with him and with the national team.”
You may also want to watch:
While Son is available again, another summer recruit – Clinton Njie – missed Monday’s night game against Aston Villa and looks set to be sidelined tomorrow evening as well, although his problem is not serious.
“Clinton has a small issue with his hamstring,” said Pochettino. “Maybe for Arsenal [on Sunday] he will be available to be selected.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
Nabil Bentaleb has also been out of action, missing the last 11 games with an ankle injury, and Pochettino said: “He is not match fit. He is in training and he is doing some exercise with the group and some alone. He is close to coming back.”
Alex Pritchard and Nacer Chadli are also injured.
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs