Spurs team news: Pochettino provides update on Ryan Mason injury
Ryan Mason will miss Saturday’s trip to West Bromwich Albion with an ankle injury – but Mauricio Pochettino hopes the midfielder will return to training in the next fortnight.
Mason limped off in the second half during Sunday’s goalless draw with Chelsea and left White Hart Lane wearing a protective boot, but the prognosis is positive.
Pochettino said: “He’s not available for Saturday. We hope it’s not a big issue but it was impossible to recover his ankle to be available for Saturday.
“Maybe next week or the week after he’ll start training with the group, we hope. But you never know - all injuries are different and can affect you in different ways. The good news is the scan shows it’s not a big problem and maybe he’s available for the next games.”
Pochettino added: “Nacer [Chadli] is very close [to returning]. Maybe tomorrow he starts training with the group, like Nabil Bentaleb. They’re very close to start training with the group and it’s a very good thing for us.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs