Spurs team news: Pochettino provides update on Ryan Mason injury
Ryan Mason will miss Saturday’s trip to West Bromwich Albion with an ankle injury – but Mauricio Pochettino hopes the midfielder will return to training in the next fortnight.
Mason limped off in the second half during Sunday’s goalless draw with Chelsea and left White Hart Lane wearing a protective boot, but the prognosis is positive.
Pochettino said: “He’s not available for Saturday. We hope it’s not a big issue but it was impossible to recover his ankle to be available for Saturday.
“Maybe next week or the week after he’ll start training with the group, we hope. But you never know - all injuries are different and can affect you in different ways. The good news is the scan shows it’s not a big problem and maybe he’s available for the next games.”
Pochettino added: “Nacer [Chadli] is very close [to returning]. Maybe tomorrow he starts training with the group, like Nabil Bentaleb. They’re very close to start training with the group and it’s a very good thing for us.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton