Spurs team news: Pochettino provides update on Ryan Mason injury
Ryan Mason will miss Saturday’s trip to West Bromwich Albion with an ankle injury – but Mauricio Pochettino hopes the midfielder will return to training in the next fortnight.
Mason limped off in the second half during Sunday’s goalless draw with Chelsea and left White Hart Lane wearing a protective boot, but the prognosis is positive.
Pochettino said: “He’s not available for Saturday. We hope it’s not a big issue but it was impossible to recover his ankle to be available for Saturday.
“Maybe next week or the week after he’ll start training with the group, we hope. But you never know - all injuries are different and can affect you in different ways. The good news is the scan shows it’s not a big problem and maybe he’s available for the next games.”
Pochettino added: “Nacer [Chadli] is very close [to returning]. Maybe tomorrow he starts training with the group, like Nabil Bentaleb. They’re very close to start training with the group and it’s a very good thing for us.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust