Spurs to visit Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea City in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup if they defeat Rochdale
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino’s team will face another away trip if they can progress past League One outfit Rochdale on Sunday
Tottenham Hotspur will visit either Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea City in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup if they can get past Rochdale tomorrow afternoon.
The draw took place at the unusual time of 8pm on Saturday – before Spurs had even played their fifth round tie – and saw Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and the Lilywhites all avoid each other.
Mauricio Pochettino will be keen to ensure his players don’t take their eye off the ball ahead of Sunday’s clash at Spotland Stadium.
If they do get through, as they are expected to, they will face another away fixture in the FA Cup.
You may also want to watch:
They last faced Swansea City in January and claimed a slightly fortuitous 2-0 win in the pouring rain at the Liberty Stadium.
Spurs haven’t played Sheffield Wednesday for 18 years though – since January 22 2000 – when the Owls were in the Premier League.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
The tie, if Tottenham get past Rochdale, will take place on the weekend of March 16-19 and if that’s the case the league fixture with Newcastle United at Wembley will be postponed.
First of all Pochettino’s men must win against the Dale and then watch on with interest when Wednesday and City play a replay in Wales on February 27 after drawing 0-0 at Hillsborough earlier today.