Spurs to visit Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea City in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup if they defeat Rochdale
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino’s team will face another away trip if they can progress past League One outfit Rochdale on Sunday
Tottenham Hotspur will visit either Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea City in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup if they can get past Rochdale tomorrow afternoon.
The draw took place at the unusual time of 8pm on Saturday – before Spurs had even played their fifth round tie – and saw Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and the Lilywhites all avoid each other.
Mauricio Pochettino will be keen to ensure his players don’t take their eye off the ball ahead of Sunday’s clash at Spotland Stadium.
If they do get through, as they are expected to, they will face another away fixture in the FA Cup.
You may also want to watch:
They last faced Swansea City in January and claimed a slightly fortuitous 2-0 win in the pouring rain at the Liberty Stadium.
Spurs haven’t played Sheffield Wednesday for 18 years though – since January 22 2000 – when the Owls were in the Premier League.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 3 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 9 Where to go to get Pfizer and Astra Zeneca vaccinations
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
The tie, if Tottenham get past Rochdale, will take place on the weekend of March 16-19 and if that’s the case the league fixture with Newcastle United at Wembley will be postponed.
First of all Pochettino’s men must win against the Dale and then watch on with interest when Wednesday and City play a replay in Wales on February 27 after drawing 0-0 at Hillsborough earlier today.