Spurs to visit Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea City in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup if they defeat Rochdale
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino’s team will face another away trip if they can progress past League One outfit Rochdale on Sunday
Tottenham Hotspur will visit either Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea City in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup if they can get past Rochdale tomorrow afternoon.
The draw took place at the unusual time of 8pm on Saturday – before Spurs had even played their fifth round tie – and saw Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and the Lilywhites all avoid each other.
Mauricio Pochettino will be keen to ensure his players don’t take their eye off the ball ahead of Sunday’s clash at Spotland Stadium.
If they do get through, as they are expected to, they will face another away fixture in the FA Cup.
You may also want to watch:
They last faced Swansea City in January and claimed a slightly fortuitous 2-0 win in the pouring rain at the Liberty Stadium.
Spurs haven’t played Sheffield Wednesday for 18 years though – since January 22 2000 – when the Owls were in the Premier League.
- 1 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
The tie, if Tottenham get past Rochdale, will take place on the weekend of March 16-19 and if that’s the case the league fixture with Newcastle United at Wembley will be postponed.
First of all Pochettino’s men must win against the Dale and then watch on with interest when Wednesday and City play a replay in Wales on February 27 after drawing 0-0 at Hillsborough earlier today.