Spurs to visit Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea City in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup if they defeat Rochdale
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino’s team will face another away trip if they can progress past League One outfit Rochdale on Sunday
Tottenham Hotspur will visit either Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea City in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup if they can get past Rochdale tomorrow afternoon.
The draw took place at the unusual time of 8pm on Saturday – before Spurs had even played their fifth round tie – and saw Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and the Lilywhites all avoid each other.
Mauricio Pochettino will be keen to ensure his players don’t take their eye off the ball ahead of Sunday’s clash at Spotland Stadium.
If they do get through, as they are expected to, they will face another away fixture in the FA Cup.
They last faced Swansea City in January and claimed a slightly fortuitous 2-0 win in the pouring rain at the Liberty Stadium.
Spurs haven’t played Sheffield Wednesday for 18 years though – since January 22 2000 – when the Owls were in the Premier League.
- 1 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 2 2 men stabbed in 'row involving group' in Upper Clapton
- 3 Jailed: Man chased teenager and stabbed him in back in Lower Clapton
- 4 Nursery downgraded by inspectors over sleep and safety concerns
- 5 Cardboard boxes causing delays in and around Hackney Wick
- 6 Hackney girls school gets 'good' Ofsted after 'inadequate' rating
- 7 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 ‘Messy, blundering, inconsiderate’ - Hackney mayor slams police over Dalston op violence
The tie, if Tottenham get past Rochdale, will take place on the weekend of March 16-19 and if that’s the case the league fixture with Newcastle United at Wembley will be postponed.
First of all Pochettino’s men must win against the Dale and then watch on with interest when Wednesday and City play a replay in Wales on February 27 after drawing 0-0 at Hillsborough earlier today.