Stabbed man arrested on suspicion of murder after another man dies of stab wounds in Finsbury Park
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A murder investigation has been launched, after a 20-year-old man was stabbed to death in Finsbury Park.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at about 3am this morning to reports of a stabbing in Seven Sisters Road.
Officers and London’s Air Ambulance attended the scene where a 21-year-old man was found suffering from stab wounds.
Not far away in Roth Walk another man, aged 20, was also found suffering from stab injuries.
Despite the efforts of medics, he was pronounced dead at the scene at 3.43am. He is the 39th person to be fatally stabbed in London this year.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said both men are believed to have been involved in a fight “involving other people” before emergency services were called.
The 21-year-old man was taken to hospital for treatment before being discharged and arrested on suspicion of murder, possession of an offensive weapon and affray.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
Detectives from the murder squad are investigating.
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference CAD1054/21APR, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.