Stabbed man arrested on suspicion of murder after another man dies of stab wounds in Finsbury Park
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A murder investigation has been launched, after a 20-year-old man was stabbed to death in Finsbury Park.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at about 3am this morning to reports of a stabbing in Seven Sisters Road.
Officers and London’s Air Ambulance attended the scene where a 21-year-old man was found suffering from stab wounds.
Not far away in Roth Walk another man, aged 20, was also found suffering from stab injuries.
Despite the efforts of medics, he was pronounced dead at the scene at 3.43am. He is the 39th person to be fatally stabbed in London this year.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said both men are believed to have been involved in a fight “involving other people” before emergency services were called.
The 21-year-old man was taken to hospital for treatment before being discharged and arrested on suspicion of murder, possession of an offensive weapon and affray.
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Call to stop weedkiller use at estate
- 5 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 6 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 7 Illustrations capture a fresh view of Hackney
- 8 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 9 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 10 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
Detectives from the murder squad are investigating.
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference CAD1054/21APR, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.