Start-up of the week: Comedy AM gig puts laughter on the agenda for early morning Shoreditch commuters – at 7am
- Credit: Kassandra Lauren Gordon
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Kassandra Lauren Gordon who is hoping to attract punters to a comedy show that starts at 7am.
Kassandra Lauren Gordon is positive plenty of Londoners will turn up to her new comedy gig – despite the fact it starts at 7 o’clock in the morning.
Tickets to the monthly hour-and-a-half Comedy A.M show at Blooms in Featherstone Street, Shoreditch, cost £20, and include breakfast.
The former stand-up came up with the idea after realising she hadn’t “laughed properly for nearly a year” because she was too busy running her jewellery business.
“I found out quickly if you start the day right in a happier mood, the day just flows better and you get less stressed,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I was on the stand-up scene for a while and realised it was hard for people to do a full days work and go to a comedy night. Why not start the day with a laugh?
“You would be surprised how many Londoners get up early in the morning to connect with people and have a good time and feel good.”
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
The first gig on Thursday has Nigel Lovell, Isabelle Farah, Sally Firth, Arthur Mitchell and Ola Aralepo in the line-up.