Start-up of the week: Comedy AM gig puts laughter on the agenda for early morning Shoreditch commuters – at 7am
- Credit: Kassandra Lauren Gordon
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Kassandra Lauren Gordon who is hoping to attract punters to a comedy show that starts at 7am.
Kassandra Lauren Gordon is positive plenty of Londoners will turn up to her new comedy gig – despite the fact it starts at 7 o’clock in the morning.
Tickets to the monthly hour-and-a-half Comedy A.M show at Blooms in Featherstone Street, Shoreditch, cost £20, and include breakfast.
The former stand-up came up with the idea after realising she hadn’t “laughed properly for nearly a year” because she was too busy running her jewellery business.
“I found out quickly if you start the day right in a happier mood, the day just flows better and you get less stressed,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I was on the stand-up scene for a while and realised it was hard for people to do a full days work and go to a comedy night. Why not start the day with a laugh?
“You would be surprised how many Londoners get up early in the morning to connect with people and have a good time and feel good.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
The first gig on Thursday has Nigel Lovell, Isabelle Farah, Sally Firth, Arthur Mitchell and Ola Aralepo in the line-up.