Start-up of the week: Comedy AM gig puts laughter on the agenda for early morning Shoreditch commuters – at 7am
- Credit: Kassandra Lauren Gordon
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Kassandra Lauren Gordon who is hoping to attract punters to a comedy show that starts at 7am.
Kassandra Lauren Gordon is positive plenty of Londoners will turn up to her new comedy gig – despite the fact it starts at 7 o’clock in the morning.
Tickets to the monthly hour-and-a-half Comedy A.M show at Blooms in Featherstone Street, Shoreditch, cost £20, and include breakfast.
The former stand-up came up with the idea after realising she hadn’t “laughed properly for nearly a year” because she was too busy running her jewellery business.
“I found out quickly if you start the day right in a happier mood, the day just flows better and you get less stressed,” she said.
“I was on the stand-up scene for a while and realised it was hard for people to do a full days work and go to a comedy night. Why not start the day with a laugh?
“You would be surprised how many Londoners get up early in the morning to connect with people and have a good time and feel good.”
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 5 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 6 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 7 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 8 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 9 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
The first gig on Thursday has Nigel Lovell, Isabelle Farah, Sally Firth, Arthur Mitchell and Ola Aralepo in the line-up.