Start-up of the week: Comedy AM gig puts laughter on the agenda for early morning Shoreditch commuters – at 7am
- Credit: Kassandra Lauren Gordon
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Kassandra Lauren Gordon who is hoping to attract punters to a comedy show that starts at 7am.
Kassandra Lauren Gordon is positive plenty of Londoners will turn up to her new comedy gig – despite the fact it starts at 7 o’clock in the morning.
Tickets to the monthly hour-and-a-half Comedy A.M show at Blooms in Featherstone Street, Shoreditch, cost £20, and include breakfast.
The former stand-up came up with the idea after realising she hadn’t “laughed properly for nearly a year” because she was too busy running her jewellery business.
“I found out quickly if you start the day right in a happier mood, the day just flows better and you get less stressed,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I was on the stand-up scene for a while and realised it was hard for people to do a full days work and go to a comedy night. Why not start the day with a laugh?
“You would be surprised how many Londoners get up early in the morning to connect with people and have a good time and feel good.”
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
The first gig on Thursday has Nigel Lovell, Isabelle Farah, Sally Firth, Arthur Mitchell and Ola Aralepo in the line-up.