Start up of the week: CORE set to provide cheap osteopathy sessions at new Upper Clapton HQ
- Credit: core
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to the founders of a health start-up charity who will finally open the doors to their own premises on Saturday after three years fundraising to get the project off the ground.
Osteopaths Danny Orchard and Duncan Webster are now ready to fulfill their ambition of providing affordable osteopathic treatment to people suffering from persistent pain at their new HQ in Northwold Road, Upper Clapton.
The Centre for Osteopathic Research and Excellence (CORE) has six clinic rooms, a workspace, a kitchen, plus a huge, light and airy space available to hire for community classes and events.
Mr Orchard said: “Osteopathy is currently not freely available on the NHS so we wanted to do something to help people in pain, as well as ease pressure on local health services.
“Our solution is to provide top-notch mentoring to graduates of osteopathy in return for sessions in our clinics so we can provide treatment to those in need at lower rates than normal.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be a day of free activities at CORE on Saturday including osteopathy sessions, bread-making classes, life drawing, meditation and yoga from 10am to 8pm.
- 1 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 2 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 3 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 8 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 9 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze
- 10 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign