Start-up of the week: ‘Cutting-edge’ lemon squeezers (and more) at pottery pop-up
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week, it’s clay, Jim – but not as we know it.
A Haggerston pottery pop-up will provide “cutting-edge” clay to Hackney until the end of the year.
Ceramics 274, which launches on Thursday, is home to 12 potters from across the globe who will show off both functional and decorative objects in various styles.
One potter, Sarah Hall, said: “Clay objects are everywhere. We all use them every day.
“I want people to remember how beautiful clay can be.”
You may also want to watch:
Objects on offer at the shop include plates, bowls, cups and even lemon squeezers – as well as more sculptural pieces.
It’s open every Thursday to Sunday until December 30, as well as Wednesday evenings in December only. Catch it from midday on Thursday and Friday, from 10am at the weekend, and from 5.30pm on Wednesdays.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year