Start-up of the week: ‘Cutting-edge’ lemon squeezers (and more) at pottery pop-up
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week, it’s clay, Jim – but not as we know it.
A Haggerston pottery pop-up will provide “cutting-edge” clay to Hackney until the end of the year.
Ceramics 274, which launches on Thursday, is home to 12 potters from across the globe who will show off both functional and decorative objects in various styles.
One potter, Sarah Hall, said: “Clay objects are everywhere. We all use them every day.
“I want people to remember how beautiful clay can be.”
You may also want to watch:
Objects on offer at the shop include plates, bowls, cups and even lemon squeezers – as well as more sculptural pieces.
It’s open every Thursday to Sunday until December 30, as well as Wednesday evenings in December only. Catch it from midday on Thursday and Friday, from 10am at the weekend, and from 5.30pm on Wednesdays.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service