Start-up of the week: ‘Cutting-edge’ lemon squeezers (and more) at pottery pop-up
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week, it’s clay, Jim – but not as we know it.
A Haggerston pottery pop-up will provide “cutting-edge” clay to Hackney until the end of the year.
Ceramics 274, which launches on Thursday, is home to 12 potters from across the globe who will show off both functional and decorative objects in various styles.
One potter, Sarah Hall, said: “Clay objects are everywhere. We all use them every day.
“I want people to remember how beautiful clay can be.”
You may also want to watch:
Objects on offer at the shop include plates, bowls, cups and even lemon squeezers – as well as more sculptural pieces.
It’s open every Thursday to Sunday until December 30, as well as Wednesday evenings in December only. Catch it from midday on Thursday and Friday, from 10am at the weekend, and from 5.30pm on Wednesdays.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 8 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder