Start up of the week: Dalston’s Beer and Burger combines Perritt brothers’ two great passions
- Credit: Beer and Burger
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Jonathan Perritt about his concept which combines “great burgers and great beer”.
A new beer and burger shop in Dalston is hosting a monthly running club – and promising all those who complete the 10k round journey a pint on the house.
Brothers Jonathan and Andy Perritt have opened Beer and Burger in Kingsland Road to cater for burger junkies and beer lovers.
They have 12 beers on tap and a selection of 250 different bottles and cans kept in the fridges.
Jonathan told the Gazette: “We came up with the concept out of our passion for great burgers and great beer. And they being a lack of places that really nailed the combination of both.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We love to run, so we started the BBRC (Beer and Burger Running Club) to encourage local running for local businesses and local residents. It’s very accessible. We run 10k at a steady pace and then hand out amazing beer, on us, when we finish.”
BBRC takes place on the first Saturday of the month, while “best friend Tuesday” on the last Tuesday of the month will give a free burger to anyone who brings a mate.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12