Start-up of the week: Entrepreneurial mindset at Moju vegetable juice company ‘will exist for many years’
- Credit: moju
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Rich Goldsmith from Moju about their range of cold-pressed juices.
Moju co-founder Rich Goldsmith hopes the start-up culture at his fruit and vegetable juice company will “exist for many years”.
“An entrepreneurial mindset is how the business works, and I can’t see us letting go of that for some time to come,” said Rich, who started the business two years ago with his best friend and best man, Charlie Leet-Cook.
With a team of seven working at their HQ in Hackney Road, the former corporate execs now churn out as many as 10,000 bottles of cold-pressed juices a week from a factory in Holland.
“We took the decision to outsource production quite early. Getting it manufactured is the key to consistency,” said Richard.
You may also want to watch:
“We still have control over recipes and product quality, and it’s our ambition to build a lifestyle brand within food and beverage, and one that speaks to and will engage with consumers.”
The range now includes 60ml shots of turmeric, cherry and ginger.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 8 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 9 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
Richard said: “They are a lot more functional now, if you aren’t up for a bigger 250ml juice, maybe you want the functionality of those in a smaller package. “It’s a hard hitting vibrant taste. A lot of people are using them instead of coffee. They might have a ginger shot to wake them up in the morning.”
Richard will cease to consider the company as a start-up when the business is at a size that can sustain itself, without seeking external funding.