Start-up of the week: Good Ordering – bike accessory shop in Hackney Road
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Jacqui Ma, who’s selling fashionable bike accessories in Hackney Road.
Hackney Road is now home to bike accessory shop, Goodordering, selling colourful, retro and functional bags, glasses and helmets.
Founder and designer Jacqui Ma lives just a stones throws away from her new store and decided to design unisex bicycle bags with a functionality that the current market didn’t have.
“There weren’t any bags that you could take on your bike, take into a meeting at work and go for a coffee with your friends and all with that same bag,” she told the Gazette in the shop.
“I’m trying to build a brand of stuff that is practical for commuters”
You may also want to watch:
She just doesn’t sell bike accessories; Jacqui also offers a free service where kids can get their haircut, as well as a German and Italian story time on a Wednesdays and Thursdays to make her shop serve more of a purpose in the community.
She added: “We are a friendly business trying to welcome anyone so if anyone has any ideas or want to use the space we are so open it.”
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown