Start-up of the week: Good Ordering – bike accessory shop in Hackney Road
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Jacqui Ma, who’s selling fashionable bike accessories in Hackney Road.
Hackney Road is now home to bike accessory shop, Goodordering, selling colourful, retro and functional bags, glasses and helmets.
Founder and designer Jacqui Ma lives just a stones throws away from her new store and decided to design unisex bicycle bags with a functionality that the current market didn’t have.
“There weren’t any bags that you could take on your bike, take into a meeting at work and go for a coffee with your friends and all with that same bag,” she told the Gazette in the shop.
“I’m trying to build a brand of stuff that is practical for commuters”
You may also want to watch:
She just doesn’t sell bike accessories; Jacqui also offers a free service where kids can get their haircut, as well as a German and Italian story time on a Wednesdays and Thursdays to make her shop serve more of a purpose in the community.
She added: “We are a friendly business trying to welcome anyone so if anyone has any ideas or want to use the space we are so open it.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors