Start-up of the week: Good Ordering – bike accessory shop in Hackney Road
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Jacqui Ma, who’s selling fashionable bike accessories in Hackney Road.
Hackney Road is now home to bike accessory shop, Goodordering, selling colourful, retro and functional bags, glasses and helmets.
Founder and designer Jacqui Ma lives just a stones throws away from her new store and decided to design unisex bicycle bags with a functionality that the current market didn’t have.
“There weren’t any bags that you could take on your bike, take into a meeting at work and go for a coffee with your friends and all with that same bag,” she told the Gazette in the shop.
“I’m trying to build a brand of stuff that is practical for commuters”
She just doesn’t sell bike accessories; Jacqui also offers a free service where kids can get their haircut, as well as a German and Italian story time on a Wednesdays and Thursdays to make her shop serve more of a purpose in the community.
She added: “We are a friendly business trying to welcome anyone so if anyone has any ideas or want to use the space we are so open it.”
- 1 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 4 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 5 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 6 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 7 Five convicted for 'horrifying' Broadway Market stabbing
- 8 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 9 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 10 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council