Start-up-of-the-week: Hackney entrepreneur launches delivery-only restaurant through Facebook video recipe page
- Credit: twisted
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Jamie Bolding who has launched delivery-only restaurant Twisted London
The Haggerston man who founded a cult video recipe channel last year has launched a delivery-only restaurant to go alongside it.
Since its launch in March 2016, Twisted has amassed a following of eight million across Facebook and Instagram, and its videos garner 200 million global views per month.
Jamie Bolding who lives next to Haggerston Park, founded media company Jungle Creations three years ago. Twisted is one of the firm’s 16 channels on social media.
The entrepreneur, who employs 150 staff in London, New York and LA offices and turns over millions of pounds a year, decided to branch out in the hospitality industry.
Now you can watch the recipe videos and click to order through UberEats and Deliveroo – if you live within a two-mile radius of its HQ in Aldgate East. The menu includes burgers and vegan options like Seoul vings – a meat-free take on chicken wings.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days