Start-up-of-the-week: Hackney entrepreneur launches delivery-only restaurant through Facebook video recipe page
- Credit: twisted
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Jamie Bolding who has launched delivery-only restaurant Twisted London
The Haggerston man who founded a cult video recipe channel last year has launched a delivery-only restaurant to go alongside it.
Since its launch in March 2016, Twisted has amassed a following of eight million across Facebook and Instagram, and its videos garner 200 million global views per month.
Jamie Bolding who lives next to Haggerston Park, founded media company Jungle Creations three years ago. Twisted is one of the firm’s 16 channels on social media.
The entrepreneur, who employs 150 staff in London, New York and LA offices and turns over millions of pounds a year, decided to branch out in the hospitality industry.
You may also want to watch:
Now you can watch the recipe videos and click to order through UberEats and Deliveroo – if you live within a two-mile radius of its HQ in Aldgate East. The menu includes burgers and vegan options like Seoul vings – a meat-free take on chicken wings.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse