Start-up-of-the-week: Hackney entrepreneur launches delivery-only restaurant through Facebook video recipe page
- Credit: twisted
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Jamie Bolding who has launched delivery-only restaurant Twisted London
The Haggerston man who founded a cult video recipe channel last year has launched a delivery-only restaurant to go alongside it.
Since its launch in March 2016, Twisted has amassed a following of eight million across Facebook and Instagram, and its videos garner 200 million global views per month.
Jamie Bolding who lives next to Haggerston Park, founded media company Jungle Creations three years ago. Twisted is one of the firm’s 16 channels on social media.
The entrepreneur, who employs 150 staff in London, New York and LA offices and turns over millions of pounds a year, decided to branch out in the hospitality industry.
You may also want to watch:
Now you can watch the recipe videos and click to order through UberEats and Deliveroo – if you live within a two-mile radius of its HQ in Aldgate East. The menu includes burgers and vegan options like Seoul vings – a meat-free take on chicken wings.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director