Start-up-of-the-week: Hackney entrepreneur launches delivery-only restaurant through Facebook video recipe page
- Credit: twisted
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Jamie Bolding who has launched delivery-only restaurant Twisted London
The Haggerston man who founded a cult video recipe channel last year has launched a delivery-only restaurant to go alongside it.
Since its launch in March 2016, Twisted has amassed a following of eight million across Facebook and Instagram, and its videos garner 200 million global views per month.
Jamie Bolding who lives next to Haggerston Park, founded media company Jungle Creations three years ago. Twisted is one of the firm’s 16 channels on social media.
The entrepreneur, who employs 150 staff in London, New York and LA offices and turns over millions of pounds a year, decided to branch out in the hospitality industry.
You may also want to watch:
Now you can watch the recipe videos and click to order through UberEats and Deliveroo – if you live within a two-mile radius of its HQ in Aldgate East. The menu includes burgers and vegan options like Seoul vings – a meat-free take on chicken wings.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder