Start-up of the week: Lower Clapton barbers launch crowdfunder for grooming range Native Products
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we catch up with two friends planning to take over the world of male grooming.
Hair products created by barbers, for barbers is the USP of Native Products, the company set up by two friends who run E-Street in Lower Clapton Road.
Designer Gavin Colwill and Mark Jones launched the product range in 2015 and this summer they featured in our Made in Hackney column because it was being sold as far and wide as Miami, Berlin and Taiwan.
Now they are crowdfunding so they can get a stronger foothold in the market of male grooming over the next 18 months, with interest coming from online fashion outlets and distributors.
The said: “Our aim over the next 18 months is to continue to raise awareness of the brand with the goal to make Native the number one men’s British Grooming products brand on the market.”
You may also want to watch:
Once they’ve done that, the pair then want to take Native Products across the world and open up the first flagship barbershop and retail store in London.
Donate to the crowdfunder here.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 8 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Three arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed