Start-up of the week: Luster London make-up academy
- Credit: luster laura marsh
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak with Laura Marsh who founded Luster London.
A freelance make-up artist who worked with top models at London Fashion Week has launched her own beauty workshops to share her top tips.
Laura Marsh set up Luster London after spotting a gap in the market, and runs weekend sessions with personalised advice and a one-to-one makeup tutorial at Blondies bar in Lower Clapton Road.
Participants at the weekend were shown how to recreate a stunning Halloween look based on Mexican “Day of the Dead” sugar skulls, and on November 19 advice will be given on how to revamp your make-up bag.
Laura, who went into make-up after doing a short course herself and realising she was “quite good at it”, said: “I like listening to people’s wants and helping them achieve a certain look or improving their beauty regime.”
You may also want to watch:
She plans to run private hire events in the future like themed hen parties.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds