Start-up of the week: Luster London make-up academy
- Credit: luster laura marsh
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak with Laura Marsh who founded Luster London.
A freelance make-up artist who worked with top models at London Fashion Week has launched her own beauty workshops to share her top tips.
Laura Marsh set up Luster London after spotting a gap in the market, and runs weekend sessions with personalised advice and a one-to-one makeup tutorial at Blondies bar in Lower Clapton Road.
Participants at the weekend were shown how to recreate a stunning Halloween look based on Mexican “Day of the Dead” sugar skulls, and on November 19 advice will be given on how to revamp your make-up bag.
Laura, who went into make-up after doing a short course herself and realising she was “quite good at it”, said: “I like listening to people’s wants and helping them achieve a certain look or improving their beauty regime.”
You may also want to watch:
She plans to run private hire events in the future like themed hen parties.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems