Start-up of the week: Luster London make-up academy
- Credit: luster laura marsh
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak with Laura Marsh who founded Luster London.
A freelance make-up artist who worked with top models at London Fashion Week has launched her own beauty workshops to share her top tips.
Laura Marsh set up Luster London after spotting a gap in the market, and runs weekend sessions with personalised advice and a one-to-one makeup tutorial at Blondies bar in Lower Clapton Road.
Participants at the weekend were shown how to recreate a stunning Halloween look based on Mexican “Day of the Dead” sugar skulls, and on November 19 advice will be given on how to revamp your make-up bag.
Laura, who went into make-up after doing a short course herself and realising she was “quite good at it”, said: “I like listening to people’s wants and helping them achieve a certain look or improving their beauty regime.”
You may also want to watch:
She plans to run private hire events in the future like themed hen parties.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 8 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Three arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed