Start-up of the week: Luster London make-up academy
- Credit: luster laura marsh
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak with Laura Marsh who founded Luster London.
A freelance make-up artist who worked with top models at London Fashion Week has launched her own beauty workshops to share her top tips.
Laura Marsh set up Luster London after spotting a gap in the market, and runs weekend sessions with personalised advice and a one-to-one makeup tutorial at Blondies bar in Lower Clapton Road.
Participants at the weekend were shown how to recreate a stunning Halloween look based on Mexican “Day of the Dead” sugar skulls, and on November 19 advice will be given on how to revamp your make-up bag.
Laura, who went into make-up after doing a short course herself and realising she was “quite good at it”, said: “I like listening to people’s wants and helping them achieve a certain look or improving their beauty regime.”
You may also want to watch:
She plans to run private hire events in the future like themed hen parties.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 4 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 5 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?