Start-up of the week: Shoreditch company brings the corner shop to your home
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Hackney. This week, we discovered a corner shop delivery service.
There will be no more popping to the shop for more beers or a pint of milk if Alchemy Wings takes off.
The Shoreditch start-up is London’s first 24/7 on-demand food and drink delivery service for corner shops and newsagents.
It shouldn’t have too many problems succeeding, either, with backers including Coca Cola, Mars and Heineken.
Founder Sam Martin said: “Corner shops are run by local hero’s - they’re working every hour imaginable, so that if I want a Kit-Kat and a bottle of Merlot at 3am I can have it. They deserve the right to take on the big super markets on their own terms - and they’re going to win.”
You may also want to watch:
The company launched last year and has 50 stores signed up, including Yours Locally in Kingsland Road. Owner Hasan Yilmaz said: “I’ve been giving locals what they want for decades, this enables us to do it for decades more.”
Check out Alchemy Wings here.
- 1 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 2 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 3 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 4 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 8 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 9 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted