Start-up of the week: Shoreditch company brings the corner shop to your home
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Hackney. This week, we discovered a corner shop delivery service.
There will be no more popping to the shop for more beers or a pint of milk if Alchemy Wings takes off.
The Shoreditch start-up is London’s first 24/7 on-demand food and drink delivery service for corner shops and newsagents.
It shouldn’t have too many problems succeeding, either, with backers including Coca Cola, Mars and Heineken.
Founder Sam Martin said: “Corner shops are run by local hero’s - they’re working every hour imaginable, so that if I want a Kit-Kat and a bottle of Merlot at 3am I can have it. They deserve the right to take on the big super markets on their own terms - and they’re going to win.”
You may also want to watch:
The company launched last year and has 50 stores signed up, including Yours Locally in Kingsland Road. Owner Hasan Yilmaz said: “I’ve been giving locals what they want for decades, this enables us to do it for decades more.”
Check out Alchemy Wings here.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space