Start-up of the week: Shoreditch pair launch networking app for creatives
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Valentine del Giudice, who has created a networking app for creatives.
With so many creatives in east London, it can be frustrating not knowing how to connect with people from different industries – but a Hackney pair have come up with an answer.
Valentine del Giudice and Arthur Gueidan have just launched SSShake – an app specifically targeted at enabling artists and creators to meet and work with each other.
The idea came to Valentine in 2015 after she had graduated from London College of Communications.
She had grown frustrated at not being able to network with people on other courses and after a spell in the advertising industry realised she could do something about it herself.
You may also want to watch:
Eighteen months later and SSShake is now in the app store.
“It feels amazing,” said Valentine, 27. “We want to have people from a lot of different industries using it. When you build a project you need to have people with complementary skills .”
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
SSShake is now available on the app store. For more information, visit ssshake.com.