Start-up of the week: Shoreditch pair launch networking app for creatives
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Valentine del Giudice, who has created a networking app for creatives.
With so many creatives in east London, it can be frustrating not knowing how to connect with people from different industries – but a Hackney pair have come up with an answer.
Valentine del Giudice and Arthur Gueidan have just launched SSShake – an app specifically targeted at enabling artists and creators to meet and work with each other.
The idea came to Valentine in 2015 after she had graduated from London College of Communications.
She had grown frustrated at not being able to network with people on other courses and after a spell in the advertising industry realised she could do something about it herself.
You may also want to watch:
Eighteen months later and SSShake is now in the app store.
“It feels amazing,” said Valentine, 27. “We want to have people from a lot of different industries using it. When you build a project you need to have people with complementary skills .”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
SSShake is now available on the app store. For more information, visit ssshake.com.