Start-up of the week: Shoreditch pair launch networking app for creatives
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Valentine del Giudice, who has created a networking app for creatives.
With so many creatives in east London, it can be frustrating not knowing how to connect with people from different industries – but a Hackney pair have come up with an answer.
Valentine del Giudice and Arthur Gueidan have just launched SSShake – an app specifically targeted at enabling artists and creators to meet and work with each other.
The idea came to Valentine in 2015 after she had graduated from London College of Communications.
She had grown frustrated at not being able to network with people on other courses and after a spell in the advertising industry realised she could do something about it herself.
You may also want to watch:
Eighteen months later and SSShake is now in the app store.
“It feels amazing,” said Valentine, 27. “We want to have people from a lot of different industries using it. When you build a project you need to have people with complementary skills .”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
SSShake is now available on the app store. For more information, visit ssshake.com.