Start-up of the week: Shoreditch pair launch networking app for creatives
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Valentine del Giudice, who has created a networking app for creatives.
With so many creatives in east London, it can be frustrating not knowing how to connect with people from different industries – but a Hackney pair have come up with an answer.
Valentine del Giudice and Arthur Gueidan have just launched SSShake – an app specifically targeted at enabling artists and creators to meet and work with each other.
The idea came to Valentine in 2015 after she had graduated from London College of Communications.
She had grown frustrated at not being able to network with people on other courses and after a spell in the advertising industry realised she could do something about it herself.
You may also want to watch:
Eighteen months later and SSShake is now in the app store.
“It feels amazing,” said Valentine, 27. “We want to have people from a lot of different industries using it. When you build a project you need to have people with complementary skills .”
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
SSShake is now available on the app store. For more information, visit ssshake.com.