Start-up of the week: Shoreditch pair launch networking app for creatives
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Valentine del Giudice, who has created a networking app for creatives.
With so many creatives in east London, it can be frustrating not knowing how to connect with people from different industries – but a Hackney pair have come up with an answer.
Valentine del Giudice and Arthur Gueidan have just launched SSShake – an app specifically targeted at enabling artists and creators to meet and work with each other.
The idea came to Valentine in 2015 after she had graduated from London College of Communications.
She had grown frustrated at not being able to network with people on other courses and after a spell in the advertising industry realised she could do something about it herself.
Eighteen months later and SSShake is now in the app store.
“It feels amazing,” said Valentine, 27. “We want to have people from a lot of different industries using it. When you build a project you need to have people with complementary skills .”
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 5 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 6 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 7 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 8 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 9 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
SSShake is now available on the app store. For more information, visit ssshake.com.