Start-up of the week: The Wern
- Credit: Jamell William
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Lucy Werner, whose “affordable” PR business already counts Sutton and Sons among its clients.
Lucy Werner decided to set up her own “affordable” PR company after becoming disillusioned with the corporate environment she’d worked in for more than a decade.
Passionate about helping entrepreneurs and self-starters launch their own businesses, she set about following suit and The Wern was born.
With its HQ at Hackney Community College’s incubator for start-ups in Kingsland Road, and a team of seven, The Wern helps business founders promote themselves and their products or services to consumers.
Lucy said: “After meeting Dominic Cools-Lartigue of Street Feast fame, I realised the passion and creativity of business founders is infectious and that affordable quality PR offerings were not readily available for businesses of a smaller size.”
You may also want to watch:
Her customers include legendary Hackney fish and chip shop chain Sutton and Sons.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'