Start-up of the week: The Wern
- Credit: Jamell William
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Lucy Werner, whose “affordable” PR business already counts Sutton and Sons among its clients.
Lucy Werner decided to set up her own “affordable” PR company after becoming disillusioned with the corporate environment she’d worked in for more than a decade.
Passionate about helping entrepreneurs and self-starters launch their own businesses, she set about following suit and The Wern was born.
With its HQ at Hackney Community College’s incubator for start-ups in Kingsland Road, and a team of seven, The Wern helps business founders promote themselves and their products or services to consumers.
Lucy said: “After meeting Dominic Cools-Lartigue of Street Feast fame, I realised the passion and creativity of business founders is infectious and that affordable quality PR offerings were not readily available for businesses of a smaller size.”
You may also want to watch:
Her customers include legendary Hackney fish and chip shop chain Sutton and Sons.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition