Start-up of the week: The Wern
- Credit: Jamell William
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting new businesses in Hackney. This week we speak to Lucy Werner, whose “affordable” PR business already counts Sutton and Sons among its clients.
Lucy Werner decided to set up her own “affordable” PR company after becoming disillusioned with the corporate environment she’d worked in for more than a decade.
Passionate about helping entrepreneurs and self-starters launch their own businesses, she set about following suit and The Wern was born.
With its HQ at Hackney Community College’s incubator for start-ups in Kingsland Road, and a team of seven, The Wern helps business founders promote themselves and their products or services to consumers.
Lucy said: “After meeting Dominic Cools-Lartigue of Street Feast fame, I realised the passion and creativity of business founders is infectious and that affordable quality PR offerings were not readily available for businesses of a smaller size.”
You may also want to watch:
Her customers include legendary Hackney fish and chip shop chain Sutton and Sons.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch