Start-up of the week: TT Liquor puts cocktails under the microscope in Hoxton
- Credit: TT Liquor
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we find out about a new liquor store in Kingsland Road.
TT Liquor in Kingsland Road, Hoxton, is offering “molecular” cocktail classes and tasting experiences that guide you through the history of cocktails.
Its shop boasts 1,000 liquors including hard-to-get-hold-of bottles.
The subterranean cocktail bar’s menu will take you on four different “journeys” while drinking four cocktails embodying a particular era.
“Members boxes” will soon be available to hire for storing private liquor collections.
You may also want to watch:
Cocktail classes include gin and rum specialisms, and molecular classes using specialised lab equipment to change the chemical structure of ingredients.
TT Liquor has been set up by Alastair Tatton and Stephen Thompson who founded Mixology Events a decade ago, pioneering interactive cocktail making classes and mobile bar hires.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school