Start-up of the week: TT Liquor puts cocktails under the microscope in Hoxton
- Credit: TT Liquor
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we find out about a new liquor store in Kingsland Road.
TT Liquor in Kingsland Road, Hoxton, is offering “molecular” cocktail classes and tasting experiences that guide you through the history of cocktails.
Its shop boasts 1,000 liquors including hard-to-get-hold-of bottles.
The subterranean cocktail bar’s menu will take you on four different “journeys” while drinking four cocktails embodying a particular era.
“Members boxes” will soon be available to hire for storing private liquor collections.
You may also want to watch:
Cocktail classes include gin and rum specialisms, and molecular classes using specialised lab equipment to change the chemical structure of ingredients.
TT Liquor has been set up by Alastair Tatton and Stephen Thompson who founded Mixology Events a decade ago, pioneering interactive cocktail making classes and mobile bar hires.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 8 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised