Start-up of the week: TT Liquor puts cocktails under the microscope in Hoxton
- Credit: TT Liquor
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we find out about a new liquor store in Kingsland Road.
TT Liquor in Kingsland Road, Hoxton, is offering “molecular” cocktail classes and tasting experiences that guide you through the history of cocktails.
Its shop boasts 1,000 liquors including hard-to-get-hold-of bottles.
The subterranean cocktail bar’s menu will take you on four different “journeys” while drinking four cocktails embodying a particular era.
“Members boxes” will soon be available to hire for storing private liquor collections.
You may also want to watch:
Cocktail classes include gin and rum specialisms, and molecular classes using specialised lab equipment to change the chemical structure of ingredients.
TT Liquor has been set up by Alastair Tatton and Stephen Thompson who founded Mixology Events a decade ago, pioneering interactive cocktail making classes and mobile bar hires.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park