Start-up of the week: TT Liquor puts cocktails under the microscope in Hoxton
- Credit: TT Liquor
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we find out about a new liquor store in Kingsland Road.
TT Liquor in Kingsland Road, Hoxton, is offering “molecular” cocktail classes and tasting experiences that guide you through the history of cocktails.
Its shop boasts 1,000 liquors including hard-to-get-hold-of bottles.
The subterranean cocktail bar’s menu will take you on four different “journeys” while drinking four cocktails embodying a particular era.
“Members boxes” will soon be available to hire for storing private liquor collections.
You may also want to watch:
Cocktail classes include gin and rum specialisms, and molecular classes using specialised lab equipment to change the chemical structure of ingredients.
TT Liquor has been set up by Alastair Tatton and Stephen Thompson who founded Mixology Events a decade ago, pioneering interactive cocktail making classes and mobile bar hires.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12