Start-up of the week: Young Photographers London
- Credit: Archant
Two photographers are out to hand over the baton to the younger generation by hosting courses and workshops for kids.
Friends Niaz Maleknia and Grace Gelder launched Young Photographers London last year to “inspire, encourage and teach” seven-to-18-year-olds.
Some courses take place in Shoreditch and Clissold Park, as well as in central London and Hampstead – including on the heath.
The pair have also employed someone to help deliver workshops for young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
They said: “We’re amazed at how talented and engaged our participants are; seeing the world from the perspective of a seven-year-old has certainly taught us a lot about photography!
You may also want to watch:
“Including gallery and museum visits helps inspire ideas and takes their busy minds off exams and school while encouraging creativity.”
For more information and to book courses, check out youngphotographerslondon.com.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown