Start-up of the week: Young Photographers London
- Credit: Archant
Two photographers are out to hand over the baton to the younger generation by hosting courses and workshops for kids.
Friends Niaz Maleknia and Grace Gelder launched Young Photographers London last year to “inspire, encourage and teach” seven-to-18-year-olds.
Some courses take place in Shoreditch and Clissold Park, as well as in central London and Hampstead – including on the heath.
The pair have also employed someone to help deliver workshops for young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
They said: “We’re amazed at how talented and engaged our participants are; seeing the world from the perspective of a seven-year-old has certainly taught us a lot about photography!
You may also want to watch:
“Including gallery and museum visits helps inspire ideas and takes their busy minds off exams and school while encouraging creativity.”
For more information and to book courses, check out youngphotographerslondon.com.
- 1 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 The "milkmen for beer" now deliver in Hackney
- 7 Met Office yellow warning for rain in London this weekend
- 8 Cinema and live music at All Points East's neighbourhood festival
- 9 Hackney choir billed as London talent to watch
- 10 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste