Start-up of the week: Young Photographers London
- Credit: Archant
Two photographers are out to hand over the baton to the younger generation by hosting courses and workshops for kids.
Friends Niaz Maleknia and Grace Gelder launched Young Photographers London last year to “inspire, encourage and teach” seven-to-18-year-olds.
Some courses take place in Shoreditch and Clissold Park, as well as in central London and Hampstead – including on the heath.
The pair have also employed someone to help deliver workshops for young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
They said: “We’re amazed at how talented and engaged our participants are; seeing the world from the perspective of a seven-year-old has certainly taught us a lot about photography!
You may also want to watch:
“Including gallery and museum visits helps inspire ideas and takes their busy minds off exams and school while encouraging creativity.”
For more information and to book courses, check out youngphotographerslondon.com.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 5 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 6 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 7 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 8 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington