Start-up of the week: Young Photographers London
- Credit: Archant
Two photographers are out to hand over the baton to the younger generation by hosting courses and workshops for kids.
Friends Niaz Maleknia and Grace Gelder launched Young Photographers London last year to “inspire, encourage and teach” seven-to-18-year-olds.
Some courses take place in Shoreditch and Clissold Park, as well as in central London and Hampstead – including on the heath.
The pair have also employed someone to help deliver workshops for young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
They said: “We’re amazed at how talented and engaged our participants are; seeing the world from the perspective of a seven-year-old has certainly taught us a lot about photography!
You may also want to watch:
“Including gallery and museum visits helps inspire ideas and takes their busy minds off exams and school while encouraging creativity.”
For more information and to book courses, check out youngphotographerslondon.com.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images