Steve McQueen widow visits Shoreditch bar inspired by actor
McQueen in Tabernacle Street starlted by surprise visitor
A SHOREDITCH bar inspired by the king of cool Steve McQueen received a shock when it was visited by the great man’s widow.
Barbara McQueen, Steve’s third and final wife, dropped in on McQueen in Tabernacle Street after hearing about it all the way in America.
Mrs McQueen is in the UK with biographer Marshall Terrill to promote a book about her husband and to celebrate his life on the 30th anniversary of his death.
Steve McQueen died in 1980 of cancer.
You may also want to watch:
McQueen, the bar, features a memorabilia of the actor all through and has plasma screens playing his films including Bullitt which was playing when the star’s widow arrived.
Mrs McQueen said: “I’ve never actually watched this one, Steve was truly one of the most generous and humble of men, but who also never took no for an answer.”
- 1 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 2 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 6 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 7 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Met officer cleared over moped rider's death during Stoke Newington chase
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
The bar has a restaurant, club and weekly live performances as well as special nights such as film screenings.
Dezzi McCausland, owner, said: “I always wanted to open a venue which epitomizes the amazing era of Steve McQueen and base it on what his perception of cool is.”