Still time to sign up for Headway’s Dance Marathon in Hackney this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
The eight-hour dance stint takes place in St John at Hackney Church in Lower Clapton Road to raise money for Headway East London.
There’s still one Marathon to put in your diaries this year, even though the London one is now done and dusted.
This Saturday brain injury charity Headway’s annual Dance Marathon will see dance-mad fundraisers completing an eight-hour stint of dance styles from the 1930s to the present day, including the jitterbug, lindy hop, samba and breakdance.
Along with energy-inducing dance instructors, there will be live bands, games, stalls, competitions and TV comedian Mark Dolan as host.
Headway East London based in Kingsland Road, Haggerston, supports those affected by brain injury with services like family and carer support, a younger person’s network, outreach, volunteering programme, occupational programme, advocacy and therapies.
You may also want to watch:
To take part in the Dance Marathon you need to raise £200 and sign up at www.londondancemarathon.org.uk.
The event takes place this Saturday from 2pm to 10pm in St John at Hackney church hall, Lower Clapton Road.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction