Still time to sign up for Headway’s Dance Marathon in Hackney this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
The eight-hour dance stint takes place in St John at Hackney Church in Lower Clapton Road to raise money for Headway East London.
There’s still one Marathon to put in your diaries this year, even though the London one is now done and dusted.
This Saturday brain injury charity Headway’s annual Dance Marathon will see dance-mad fundraisers completing an eight-hour stint of dance styles from the 1930s to the present day, including the jitterbug, lindy hop, samba and breakdance.
Along with energy-inducing dance instructors, there will be live bands, games, stalls, competitions and TV comedian Mark Dolan as host.
Headway East London based in Kingsland Road, Haggerston, supports those affected by brain injury with services like family and carer support, a younger person’s network, outreach, volunteering programme, occupational programme, advocacy and therapies.
You may also want to watch:
To take part in the Dance Marathon you need to raise £200 and sign up at www.londondancemarathon.org.uk.
The event takes place this Saturday from 2pm to 10pm in St John at Hackney church hall, Lower Clapton Road.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 8 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop