Stock up for your Christmas dinner at a special evening farmers’ market in Stoke Newington
The Stoke Newington Farmers’ Market is putting on a special one-off evening Christmas market next Thursday, so customers can stock up on turkey and sprouts before the weekend’s Christmas festivities.
Seasonal produce, from turkeys to exotic mushrooms, will be sold directly by small organic farmers and producers and for the festive-minded there will be mulled wine, mince pies, fairy lights and carol singers.
As well as stocking up on seasonal produce, there will be the opportunity to grab last minute presents, from potted herbs, organic lavender products from Suffolk or handmade organic soaps.
The Stoke Newington Farmers’ Market was one of just three finalists in the Best Food Market category for BBC Radio 4’s Food and Farming Awards 2010, Best Market Category, with the winner announced on November 24.
The special evening market takes place at William Patten School in Stoke Newington Church Street on Thursday December 23 between 5pm-8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The market will re-open after Christmas on Saturday January 8 at the usual time of 10am to 2.30pm.
For more information about the market, which only has organic, biodynamic or wild produce on sale and most of the producers come from within 56 miles of Hackney, see www.growingcommunities.org.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12