Stoke Newington-based cruise ship singer stars on reality TV show Showboaters
A Stoke Newington-based cruise ship singer is setting sail for success on a new reality television show.
Marc Stagg, 23, will be appearing as a mentor on Sky1HD’s ‘Showboaters’, on Sunday evenings.
It follows 10 amateur entertainers battle it out on board cruise liner The Dream for the chance to win a contract the ship’s entertainment troupe as they gets ready to tour the Caribbean.
Marc, who comes from Australia but now lives in Manor Road, has performed at the Sydney Opera House as a classically trained baritone - but describes working on a cruise ship as “one of the most rewarding jobs of my life”.
“To live in a hotel that sails to a different country everyday, that in itself is a dream,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“But to be able to sing and perform to packed audiences every night. What more could you want?”
The final of Showboaters will be aired on November 6.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need