Stoke Newington-based cruise ship singer stars on reality TV show Showboaters
A Stoke Newington-based cruise ship singer is setting sail for success on a new reality television show.
Marc Stagg, 23, will be appearing as a mentor on Sky1HD’s ‘Showboaters’, on Sunday evenings.
It follows 10 amateur entertainers battle it out on board cruise liner The Dream for the chance to win a contract the ship’s entertainment troupe as they gets ready to tour the Caribbean.
Marc, who comes from Australia but now lives in Manor Road, has performed at the Sydney Opera House as a classically trained baritone - but describes working on a cruise ship as “one of the most rewarding jobs of my life”.
“To live in a hotel that sails to a different country everyday, that in itself is a dream,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“But to be able to sing and perform to packed audiences every night. What more could you want?”
The final of Showboaters will be aired on November 6.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 6 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 7 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72