Stoke Newington Church Street crash sees 73 bus driver taken to hospital after collision with minicab
- Credit: Archant
A bus driver is in hospital after a collision between a 73 bus and a minicab in Stoke Newington Church Street.
The crash happened just before 11.45am as the car, a Toyota Prius, is believed to have been exiting Lordship Lane. No one has been arrested.
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at 11.42am to reports of a collision at Church Street, Stoke Newington.
"Officers and London Ambulance Service attended. At the scene a Route 73 bus had been in collision with a minicab.
"The bus driver was taken by LAS to an east London hospital suffering from back pain."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is backed up as far as Stoke Newington Town Hall.
The minicab driver was still at the scene early this afternoon being cared for by medics.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images