Stoke Newington Church Street crash sees 73 bus driver taken to hospital after collision with minicab
- Credit: Archant
A bus driver is in hospital after a collision between a 73 bus and a minicab in Stoke Newington Church Street.
The crash happened just before 11.45am as the car, a Toyota Prius, is believed to have been exiting Lordship Lane. No one has been arrested.
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at 11.42am to reports of a collision at Church Street, Stoke Newington.
"Officers and London Ambulance Service attended. At the scene a Route 73 bus had been in collision with a minicab.
"The bus driver was taken by LAS to an east London hospital suffering from back pain."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is backed up as far as Stoke Newington Town Hall.
The minicab driver was still at the scene early this afternoon being cared for by medics.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"