Stoke Newington Church Street crash sees 73 bus driver taken to hospital after collision with minicab
- Credit: Archant
A bus driver is in hospital after a collision between a 73 bus and a minicab in Stoke Newington Church Street.
The crash happened just before 11.45am as the car, a Toyota Prius, is believed to have been exiting Lordship Lane. No one has been arrested.
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at 11.42am to reports of a collision at Church Street, Stoke Newington.
"Officers and London Ambulance Service attended. At the scene a Route 73 bus had been in collision with a minicab.
"The bus driver was taken by LAS to an east London hospital suffering from back pain."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is backed up as far as Stoke Newington Town Hall.
The minicab driver was still at the scene early this afternoon being cared for by medics.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney