Stoke Newington Church Street crash sees 73 bus driver taken to hospital after collision with minicab
- Credit: Archant
A bus driver is in hospital after a collision between a 73 bus and a minicab in Stoke Newington Church Street.
The crash happened just before 11.45am as the car, a Toyota Prius, is believed to have been exiting Lordship Lane. No one has been arrested.
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at 11.42am to reports of a collision at Church Street, Stoke Newington.
"Officers and London Ambulance Service attended. At the scene a Route 73 bus had been in collision with a minicab.
"The bus driver was taken by LAS to an east London hospital suffering from back pain."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is backed up as far as Stoke Newington Town Hall.
The minicab driver was still at the scene early this afternoon being cared for by medics.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog