Stoke Newington Church Street crash sees 73 bus driver taken to hospital after collision with minicab
- Credit: Archant
A bus driver is in hospital after a collision between a 73 bus and a minicab in Stoke Newington Church Street.
The crash happened just before 11.45am as the car, a Toyota Prius, is believed to have been exiting Lordship Lane. No one has been arrested.
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at 11.42am to reports of a collision at Church Street, Stoke Newington.
"Officers and London Ambulance Service attended. At the scene a Route 73 bus had been in collision with a minicab.
"The bus driver was taken by LAS to an east London hospital suffering from back pain."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is backed up as far as Stoke Newington Town Hall.
The minicab driver was still at the scene early this afternoon being cared for by medics.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex