Stoke Newington club night tomorrow for Hackney nursery plagued by break-ins
A funk, soul and garage night is planned at Tipsy Bar, Stoke Newington, to raise funds to replace musical equipment stolen from a KIDS Adventure Playground in Big Hill, Upper Clapton during a spate of break-ins.
KIDS Adventure Playground in Big Hill, Upper Clapton was broken into and vandalised several times in 2012.
A £5,000 ride-on mower, two lawnmowers, £95 cash, a camera, video recorder and a state-of-the-art laptop which doubled as a music system, were all stolen, and a visit from Father Christmas was cancelled because there was no money for a party.
Now Julian Danquah, who works at the nursery for youngsters with learning or physical disabilities, wants to raise £1,000 to buy the children a sound system.
He is organising the club night with help from The Big Everything - a group of visual artists, DJs and musicians he founded.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Saturday March 30 from 9pm to 2am at the Tipsy Bar, 20 Stoke Newington Road. Entry costs £3 or a donation.
They hope to raise more money through an auction on the night and are asking people to donate.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 8 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
For more information see https://www.facebook.com/events/531423386908228/