Stoke Newington club night tomorrow for Hackney nursery plagued by break-ins
A funk, soul and garage night is planned at Tipsy Bar, Stoke Newington, to raise funds to replace musical equipment stolen from a KIDS Adventure Playground in Big Hill, Upper Clapton during a spate of break-ins.
KIDS Adventure Playground in Big Hill, Upper Clapton was broken into and vandalised several times in 2012.
A £5,000 ride-on mower, two lawnmowers, £95 cash, a camera, video recorder and a state-of-the-art laptop which doubled as a music system, were all stolen, and a visit from Father Christmas was cancelled because there was no money for a party.
Now Julian Danquah, who works at the nursery for youngsters with learning or physical disabilities, wants to raise £1,000 to buy the children a sound system.
He is organising the club night with help from The Big Everything - a group of visual artists, DJs and musicians he founded.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on Saturday March 30 from 9pm to 2am at the Tipsy Bar, 20 Stoke Newington Road. Entry costs £3 or a donation.
They hope to raise more money through an auction on the night and are asking people to donate.
- 1 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 2 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 3 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 4 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 5 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 6 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 9 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 10 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
For more information see https://www.facebook.com/events/531423386908228/