Stoke Newington club night tomorrow for Hackney nursery plagued by break-ins
A funk, soul and garage night is planned at Tipsy Bar, Stoke Newington, to raise funds to replace musical equipment stolen from a KIDS Adventure Playground in Big Hill, Upper Clapton during a spate of break-ins.
KIDS Adventure Playground in Big Hill, Upper Clapton was broken into and vandalised several times in 2012.
A £5,000 ride-on mower, two lawnmowers, £95 cash, a camera, video recorder and a state-of-the-art laptop which doubled as a music system, were all stolen, and a visit from Father Christmas was cancelled because there was no money for a party.
Now Julian Danquah, who works at the nursery for youngsters with learning or physical disabilities, wants to raise £1,000 to buy the children a sound system.
He is organising the club night with help from The Big Everything - a group of visual artists, DJs and musicians he founded.
The event takes place on Saturday March 30 from 9pm to 2am at the Tipsy Bar, 20 Stoke Newington Road. Entry costs £3 or a donation.
They hope to raise more money through an auction on the night and are asking people to donate.
- 1 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 2 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 3 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 4 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 5 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 6 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 7 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 8 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 9 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
For more information see https://www.facebook.com/events/531423386908228/