This week in history: Stoke Newington estate agent’s murder remains unsolved - 30 years on
- Credit: Archant
An estate agent was shot dead in his own office in Stoke Newington - and 30 years on his murder remains unsolved.
Lionel Webb, 38, was killed with a single shotgun blast at the HQ of Greenvale estate agency in Evering Road.
The front of the office was open, and police believed the victim may have arranged to meet his killer.
At the time forensic experts were combing the building for clues to the murder, and it was hoped shotgun pellets removed from the wall could give a vital lead on the gun used.
Detectives piecing together Mr Webb’s final hours discovered an acquaintance had seen him minutes before his death when she passed by his window.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly afterwards she returned to find him slumped against the back wall.”
Apparently he was later found to have bought a house in the name of his girlfriend without telling her, and drugs were found stored in the office safe.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 4 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries