Stoke Newington ‘hit and run’: Cyclist, 29, left with ‘life-changing’ injuries after ‘bus crash’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A 29-year-old cyclist is in hospital with “life-changing” injuries after a suspected hit and run involving a bus in Stoke Newington Church Street.
The woman was found injured in the street at about 4.20pm yesterday. Witnesses said they believed she had been hit by a bus that failed to stop.
Transport for London was not immediately able to confirm whether or not any of its buses had been involved in a collision last night.
A police spokesman said: “Roads and transport policing command officers are appealing for witnesses to serious collision in Stoke Newington that left a cyclist with a serious injury.
“Police were called about 4.20pm on Wednesday by London Ambulance Service to a suspected collision in Stoke Newington Church Street.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers attended and found a 29-year-old woman injured. She was taken to hospital; her injury is described life changing.”
Any witnesses or anyone with any information are asked to call 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Fatal Gillett Square shooting shines spotlight on crime hotspot
- 2 Hackney's Miss London makes it to Miss England final
- 3 Patrick Anzy: Two arrests in Dalston fatal shooting investigation
- 4 Dalston shooting victim named by police
- 5 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 6 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 7 'I cried for a week': Hoxton chef Kirk Haworth on Great British Menu exit
- 8 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 9 ‘I will not be a bystander’, says Extinction Rebellion climate activist
- 10 'They should have handled things earlier' - Bereaved son on Covid inquiry