Stoke Newington ‘hit and run’: Cyclist, 29, left with ‘life-changing’ injuries after ‘bus crash’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A 29-year-old cyclist is in hospital with “life-changing” injuries after a suspected hit and run involving a bus in Stoke Newington Church Street.
The woman was found injured in the street at about 4.20pm yesterday. Witnesses said they believed she had been hit by a bus that failed to stop.
Transport for London was not immediately able to confirm whether or not any of its buses had been involved in a collision last night.
A police spokesman said: “Roads and transport policing command officers are appealing for witnesses to serious collision in Stoke Newington that left a cyclist with a serious injury.
“Police were called about 4.20pm on Wednesday by London Ambulance Service to a suspected collision in Stoke Newington Church Street.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers attended and found a 29-year-old woman injured. She was taken to hospital; her injury is described life changing.”
Any witnesses or anyone with any information are asked to call 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney