Stoke Newington ‘hit and run’: Cyclist, 29, left with ‘life-changing’ injuries after ‘bus crash’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A 29-year-old cyclist is in hospital with “life-changing” injuries after a suspected hit and run involving a bus in Stoke Newington Church Street.
The woman was found injured in the street at about 4.20pm yesterday. Witnesses said they believed she had been hit by a bus that failed to stop.
Transport for London was not immediately able to confirm whether or not any of its buses had been involved in a collision last night.
A police spokesman said: “Roads and transport policing command officers are appealing for witnesses to serious collision in Stoke Newington that left a cyclist with a serious injury.
“Police were called about 4.20pm on Wednesday by London Ambulance Service to a suspected collision in Stoke Newington Church Street.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers attended and found a 29-year-old woman injured. She was taken to hospital; her injury is described life changing.”
Any witnesses or anyone with any information are asked to call 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week