Stoke Newington model celebrates 105th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A Stoke Newington model has celebrated her 105th birthday.
Irene Sinclair travelled the world eight years ago when she was chosen as a pin-up girl for Dove soap.
On Monday friends and family presented the great-grandmother with flowers and cake at Olive Cox Lodge sheltered housing in Yoakley Road, Stoke Newington.
Known to her friends as Renee, she was born in Guyana where she taught history, but moved to Hornsey in 1957 to look after her daughter’s children.
She retired in Stoke Newington in 1971.
You may also want to watch:
When Dove picked her in 2005 to star in their ad campaign designed to challenge stereotypical view of female beauty, she spent four days in Manhattan for photo shoots, TV and radio interviews and champagne dinners.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers